Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

My Paintings

craftylady-2006
17 years ago

Luvstocraft asked me in the Garden Junk forum to post a certain pic in this forum for all to see. Below is a link to my Photobucket pages so you can see all my paintings at once instead of me posting several posts. Hope you enjoy, would like to hear your comments.

Sal

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/msally479/?start=0

Comments (5)

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

Wow i love all your stuff,especially those painted pots.Thanks for sharing.
    Kathi

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Well, Sal honey, I just oohed and aahhhed all the way thru that. I've seen some of your stuff over on the Junk Forum, but I don't recall seeing that rooster pot or that planted bicycle. How cute! Thank you so much for posting your pages over here for us to peruse! All your painted stuff is just beautiful and I'm still jealous of your little seating area. Have you changed it? It looks to be set up for fall now and not like I remembered it. Anyway, please come back and visit us anytime! There's not many of us posting right now, but we are hoping to change that. If not I'll still catch you over there with the Garden Junkers. :D ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Sal, Thank you for much for sharing your creations with us on this forum. You are such a gracious lady and so helpful. All of your things were so nice, but my very favorite was the pot with the little mouse on it--you did such a good job on him and he is so cute. The black pots turned out so pretty too, and your tub really caught my eye. Love the settings you have created in and around your home too, had seen some of them on the GJ forum. We hope you will continue to share with us on both forums.

• gw:craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. Growing up, I've always loved to paint. It was seeing a Donna Dewberry show a few years back that really got me into the style I do today. You're going to laugh, but sometimes I don't think my stuff is good enough. It was only when my brother, who can be very critical in his words, told me "I never it expected it to be that beautiful" in his comment to me about a farm milk can I painted for him. While visiting my sister in OH whom I had given a flower pot too and I saw the pot sitting with a plant in it in her porch sun room, did I stop and say to myself- "Wow, that really looks good in someone's home." So yes I'm way to critial of myself and need to learn that my paintings are alright.

Sal

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Isn't it the truth? LOL I think all creative people are critical of their own work! When we "downsized" to a smaller home, I took allot of my wooden cutouts to a friend who has lots of garage sales and told her to just put them in with her next sale. She wouldn't part with them! Now when I see them in her home, I sometimes think, "Wow, I can't believe I painted that!" I guess being critical of ourselves is what keeps us practicing and trying to improve right? We just need to relax and enjoy what we are doing--even if not perfect--we have taken something and made it prettier than it was before.