Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ginger and Cookies

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 23:33

Finally got the buttons glued on (notice the glues still wet) so I could share this little tray I've been working on. Nothing fancy but have wanted to paint this little ginger for years and never painted one.

I used copper on the edge for a change. What do you think? The buttons are copper but look black in the picture.

Punk

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ginger and Cookies

Oh, she is so sweet, Punk. Love it! That is right up my alley--just the kind of project that brings a big smile to my face. ;o)

You did a great job on it, those cookies look good enough to eat! The copper was a good choice, goes really well with the gingerbread girl. This would be darling in a little candy vignette on your kitchen counter. Luvs

o

That is really cute! Nice work. :-)

o

Thanks Luvs and KM for your comments. I just bought 3 little plate holders so may set it up during the holidays. Thanks for the idea Luvs.

Punk

o

So, so cute, Punk. Love the little cookies! And I like copper, matches up well with the overall look.
B

o

Punk..........she is so cute!!!!Everything thing about her is darling and I love the sprinkles on the cookies. The copper gives the whole tray a warm feeling!

Belle

o

PF and Belle, thanks for your comments. I'm so glad all of you liked the cookies. It took me forever to put all the dots on them.LOL Glad all of you like the copper too. It kinda looks like the black is coming through in the picture but it doesn't in real life.

Punk

o

Phonegirl: before I read any of your caption, i thought that looks good enough to eat. then i read it all. lol I agree the copper fits with the warm feel of the "cookies". Great job.

l.marie

o

Marie, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my little ginger tray.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here