Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painted Hydrangeas - love that flower

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 21:35

I purchased these little plaques mostly for my grandchildren to paint on. But I like this one in particular because it is vertical. And I like the idea of stripes. Still practicing on my hydrangeas, not real pleased with this one but it came out alright. I actually have the pink hydrangea on my back porch. Found out real quick that they like shade - this is after I burned the leaves by leaving it in the sun.
B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painted Hydrangeas - love that flower

PF, I think you did a wonderful job on your hydrangeas. I planted 3 this year and lost 1 already so we'll see how next year goes. I have planted these for years and end up losing them within 2 years but they are so beautiful I just keep trying.

Your roses and daisies are beautiful and look nice painted on the stripes. Such a nice background for a change and the gold edges really top them off.

Punk

o

Your hydrangeas look really good PF. I almost burned my three up in the sun too, moved them to a shaded spot and they still didn't do very good. Now I've moved them one last time to a semi shaded area and they are putting out new leaves. Like Punk, I'll see how they do next year!

I absolutely love your heart plaque with the roses and daisies. The stripes are a nice background for them. That design would be so pretty on some wooden chargers using clear plates on top.

Luvs

o

What a reminder of my childhood bedroom. Your rose painting is so close to my wall paper. Both paintings are so lovely! And your Hydrangea's are perfect!

Hydrangea's do like cool, afternoon shade areas. You can also change the color by adding nutrients to the soil. a neighbor has a deep purple one and it is so pretty. Have to find out what she uses.

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here