Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
name letters - my first arts project for the house

Posted by velchuk (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 20:54

We've been moved in for 3 months and have been doing basic renos ever since... no time for artsy things. Today I sat down with the wooden letters I bought 2 months ago to hang by the front stoop.

We've got a five-letter name and five dogs, so it just seemed natural to paint the letters to match the colors of the dogs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(I rearranged the letters in an attempt to disguise our actual surname, which is not Mofor :-) )

Sorry, I just had to show off. Basic stuff, I know, but I'm proud of it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: name letters - my first arts project for the house

Very cute! Do you have a photo of the letters in place yet?

o

Love those letters and how clever to paint them ala your dogs!!!

o

I originally told myself I wouldn't post the picture of it done, but what are people going to do with my last name and a post on a home decorating/repair forum?

Here's a picture of the finished product. As a bonus, you also get a picture of my husband posing with Izzy (the 2nd O on the sign) and Izzy's sister Candy (the R) sneaking into the picture in the window on the left.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We decided after hanging the sign that now we need to spend the $4 and replace the house numbers, too. And for the curious, yes we ARE getting new windows and no those blinds are NOT staying.

o

Your art looks beautiful as do the puppies (DH too..don't want to leave him out.) Very creative. Actually the house numbers and the windows look just fine to me...after all this is a decorative painting forum, we are mainly interested in whatever you create. So glad you shared with us, please keep posting pictures of your work.

o

Oh c'mon ... that's DUCT TAPE on the window :) It's broken... has been since we moved in.

But thank you for the compliments. If we had 4 cats I'd re-do the house numbers for them. Probably I'll just do them white. I'm not that artsy, so limited projects in the future. We might do something with some terracotta garden gnomes we got at Ikea.

o

Velchuk, I thought that was a reflection on the window--was mostly interested in the cute dog sitting up there! LOL Okay, guess replacing the window might be a good idea. Don't sell yourself short, your painting on the letters turned out very nice.

o

I didn't realize it was duct tape either.I thought it was something sitting in the room.See if you hadn't told us,we would not have known.LOL
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here