Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
velchuk

name letters - my first arts project for the house

velchuk
17 years ago

We've been moved in for 3 months and have been doing basic renos ever since... no time for artsy things. Today I sat down with the wooden letters I bought 2 months ago to hang by the front stoop.

We've got a five-letter name and five dogs, so it just seemed natural to paint the letters to match the colors of the dogs.

(I rearranged the letters in an attempt to disguise our actual surname, which is not Mofor :-) )

Sorry, I just had to show off. Basic stuff, I know, but I'm proud of it!

Comments (7)

• iris21
    17 years ago

Very cute! Do you have a photo of the letters in place yet?

• minnie_tx
    17 years ago

Love those letters and how clever to paint them ala your dogs!!!

• velchuk
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I originally told myself I wouldn't post the picture of it done, but what are people going to do with my last name and a post on a home decorating/repair forum?

Here's a picture of the finished product. As a bonus, you also get a picture of my husband posing with Izzy (the 2nd O on the sign) and Izzy's sister Candy (the R) sneaking into the picture in the window on the left.

We decided after hanging the sign that now we need to spend the $4 and replace the house numbers, too. And for the curious, yes we ARE getting new windows and no those blinds are NOT staying.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Your art looks beautiful as do the puppies (DH too..don't want to leave him out.) Very creative. Actually the house numbers and the windows look just fine to me...after all this is a decorative painting forum, we are mainly interested in whatever you create. So glad you shared with us, please keep posting pictures of your work.

• velchuk
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh c'mon ... that's DUCT TAPE on the window :) It's broken... has been since we moved in.

But thank you for the compliments. If we had 4 cats I'd re-do the house numbers for them. Probably I'll just do them white. I'm not that artsy, so limited projects in the future. We might do something with some terracotta garden gnomes we got at Ikea.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Velchuk, I thought that was a reflection on the window--was mostly interested in the cute dog sitting up there! LOL Okay, guess replacing the window might be a good idea. Don't sell yourself short, your painting on the letters turned out very nice.

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

I didn't realize it was duct tape either.I thought it was something sitting in the room.See if you hadn't told us,we would not have known.LOL
    Kathi

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES