Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Craft Show Pix

pezabelle
12 years ago

Finally got down to posting some pictures of the craft (hahaha) show. I was the only "crafter" all others were like Tupperware Dist., or Cookie Lee Jewelry etc. Didn't do bad considering the lack of traffic...guess this was a lesson in not trusting my own D-I-L!!!!!

Pumpkin Swag and signs using vinyl cut with the Cricut

Photo boards I designed using add-ons and cut lettering and some painting like the spider webs.

Recycled cutting board. I used a stencil and my own idea's

Found the ideas for these on YouTube. The white tiles have vinyl cut halloween cutouts and the Tootsie Pops are flowers....these were a hit with both Moms and kids.

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Belle, WooHoo, more wonderful creations. Glad to see you are using the Cricut. You and Luvs will be exchanging alot of ideas I bet. DD brought her Cricut down last week but I need to buy some vinyl before I can have fun. She uses it for scrapbooking and signs for the office.

Cute signs and nice variety. DGD would love the "Just One Kiss". Did you use chalk board paint on your recycled cutting board?

I can see why your "Tootsie Pop Flowers" were such a hit! So pretty and each one is different. Wouldn't they be cute to hand out to the Trick O Treaters?

Thanks so much for posting. I was hoping to see what you had painted on your metal tray in your other post. Did you get a picture of it? Neat wire edge caught my eye!

Sorry to hear you didn't get the traffic you had hoped for. I'm sure everyone oohed and awed over your painting.

Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Punk....just finished resorting and packing everything...what a job.

The "just one Kiss" is really simple. I used a very thin wood stock to cut the sign boards and vinyl for the lettering and embellishments from Joann's. The picture frame is also cut using Accent Essential cartridge. PS...if you are thinking about buying a cutter, you might consider another brand. Several others allow you to purchase private computer programs that use their machines to cut just about anything, one of these programs is Sure Cuts A Lot which can no longer sell a version that can be used on a Cricut.

The cutting board center is chalk paint and wouldn't you know I had to buy a quart and just this last week Martha Stewart new line has chalk paint in 2 oz bottle.

The wire basket was a TS find that had a very well used jute like woven bottom. I removed the "stuff," cleaned and painted the basket. The pattern is one of Jamie Mills-Prices that I have done before.

Belle, who is getting long winded here.....

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Belle...Everything looks wonderful. I love your painting.

Marylee

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness! You sure created allot of inventory. Bet the other gals at the sale loved seeing all the things you had made. Anything that didn't sell will come in handy for gift giving for the holidays and other occassions.

I love everything you did. I had seen the tootsie pop flowers somewhere--now I'll have to get some made for little GD to take to school to share with her friends. Your's turned out so colorful and cute. ;o)

Last year, I did some black Halloween cutouts on small blocks of wood--but I love your tiles! Where did you get the octagon ones? Did you have to purchase a whole box of them? I assume that they have magnets on the back, right?

I can tell you are having allot of fun with the Cricut and with your painting. The basket is darling and I love your swag too. Great job, gal.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marylee and Luvs....You kind words a gratefully appreciated!

I finally got smart and made only a couple of each item,and only things I liked. I did sell out on the block with the boots and say..."A Wee Bit Wicked"

Luvs...the tiles are magnets and I purchased them at HomeDepot and by the sheet @ about $2.50 each.(I used two sheets) I used my Dremel to sand off the glue stuff and yes added a magnet with contact cement.

I copies a Youtube demo for the pop flowers and just changed the cuts to what I have in cartridges and added a leaf.

Thanks again
    Belle

• anjabee
    12 years ago

It looks wonderful Belle! Only we know how much work went into all these projects!! My daughter did the little pop flowers in their youth group not long ago, but they used scrapbooking papers cut into hearts and glued together overlapping to make the flower parts. They are really cute made into a bouquet! I wish you had done better on your show! It's disappointing to do all that and have no traffic (my spring boutique!). ~Anj

• anjabee
    12 years ago

Oh and I think the girls put dumdum suckers in theirs!

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Anj and it sure is nice to see you back!!!!!!!''Belle

• calirose
    12 years ago

Wow you really did a lot of things and wonderfully too!