Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassy270380

painted bench

sassy270380
16 years ago

i just found this forum,i have been in the garden forums and decided to check out others,i just finished painting and sealing my bench and am waiting for it to completely dry...i would like you all to comment on it,this by the way is my first project of its kind,i would also like some ideas of other things to do

{{gwi:182009}}

{{gwi:182010}}

{{gwi:182011}}

{{gwi:182012}}

{{gwi:182013}}

{{gwi:182015}}

Comments (6)

• paintin_fool
    16 years ago

Oh Sassy - I LOVE it!!!...then again I'm pretty partial to anything having to do with grapes, wine, etc.!! Did you use exterior paints or just regular craft paint? You should do some coordinating stepping stone/pavers to go with it if it's going in the yard. Thanks so much for sharing the pics!!!! Keep up the great work!!
    paintin

• sassy270380
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thank you paintinfool for the compliment and the great idea about the stepping stones.i think i will experiment with that idea next.to answer your quwstion,i used acrylic paints and put a sealer on it afterwards,i am waiting for it to dry before moving it.it took me about a week or so to come up with the colors,like i said this is the first time ever that i have done this!!!!!

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Welcome Sassy~ great job on your first project! It looks terrific. Love the colors you chose and I like all the colorful butterflies you put in there. Was the bench a find or did you buy it with this in mind to do to it? I like paintins idea of the stepping stones. That will look great. If you haven't checked out Garden Junk forum, check it out. It's another of my favorites. And of course come back here and show us your next project!! :) ~Anj

• sassy270380
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thank you anjabee,actually my husband bought it for me last year and because it started to mildew alot and it just seemed so ugly i painted it white then i wasn't satisfied so i started to experiment with a little drawing then decided to paint the whole thing....

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Good way to make that bench that was not the way you liked it into a great piece you can enjoy again. And I'm sure it's more special to you since you did it yourself! ~Anj

• sassy270380
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks anjabee but it seems to be taking forever for the sealer to dry???i don't know if it's the humidity or if i done something wrong!!!hope not,it took me awhie to do this!!!!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH