Houzz Logo Print
mare_wbpa

Sharon_Fl's 'Princess Project' for DGD pics

mare_wbpa
15 years ago

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

OMG! Sharon you have just done a wonderful painting job on all those pieces of furniture. And all the decorations on them just make them so perfect for a little princess room. Love it all, and kudos to you for being so creative. Can't wait now to see the completed room. ;o) Luvs

• sharon_fl
    15 years ago

Thanks luvs. I had a ball doing this despite each of the 9 pieces had 2-3 coats of primer, 2-3 coats of semi gloss & 2 coats of varnish!
    The pics don't show it but there are aurora bourealis (sp) stones scattered amid the detailing on the wooden medallions, etc. all of the furniture is edged in the 14k gold paint pens. The Cinderella on the headboard is removable for later years when her 'theme' has changed. I will certainly take room photos when I get it all done. I will get in PA on 8/25 and after a couple days rest & reuniting w/friends & family, will begin Chloe's castle!

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Adorable to say the least. That furniture will make sure your GD knows she's a little princess. Can't wait to see everything completed. You have put alot of work into all that refinishing and to think about the future with a removable center peice is outstanding.

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Sharon, you did a fantastic job - The paint job looks wonderful and the little girl on the head board is darling,

Now, just being curious, where did the hutch come from, it looks like the same style furniture. And the bed is so cute. Just love it all.
    B

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Wow! What a transformation you did on that furniture. I can wait to see what you've done with the rest of the room! Thanks for giving us a peak! What a lucky lucky girl DGD is! ~Anj

• sharon_fl
    15 years ago

Hi Gals,
    Well I finally made it to PA with all the furniture & 3 fllweeks of priming, faux painting, & the 4 mural with scenes from the Cinderells story. My Kitchen Table forum friend Tammy, will be posting around 10 pics tomorrow-I just sent them to her do post as my msn until has no access tostore pic on a website; So keep checking the Kitchen Table forum & yoy'll see what I've been up to, since Jan actually, when I began the refinish on the furniture posted here. I especially love the pic of my DGD's smiling face, as she is proudly sitting in her 'kingdom'!

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Off to check it out Sharon!! Can't wait. ~Anj

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I'll try and post a link to them. It's a pink paradise!! So gorgeous as is your GD!! So much work for you I know, but it's just a dream bedroom for a little girl. I can't believe all the details you put into it. You go G-ma!! ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Sharons pics

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

What wonderful Love! Your pieces are just beyond words, to be able to see the old furnature and picture what you can do with it is way beyond me. You did a beautiful job. Everything looks so soft and delicate.

• sharon_fl
    15 years ago

OOPS!!! I should have read the comments here before asking you to go to the KT to see the pics. Anj...THANK YOU for sending them here to this forum -sweet of you to do that! So nice to share them with folks who appreciate how long it takes to do creative things!

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm