Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

I forgot one....

paintingfool
14 years ago

I had promised one of the ladies in our painting group that I would come up with a snowman for her little hearts and help her teach it at our ornament paint in. This is the demo piece but I was unable to help her teach since it was the end of a week with company and getting everyone to the airport, etc. Anyway, he is a cute one.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Bebe,

You are right. He is a cutie alright. Love the eyes, striped nose and sparkle in the paints. Wonderful job pouncing snow on too. Thanks so much for posting him. Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

What a cutie! And what a perfect ornament for a group of painters too! Love how your "snow" looks so soft and fluffy. You are such an excellent painter! ;o) Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I used an old scruffy brush to pounce in the white, floated the blue shading and then pounced a little over the blue. There is a really neat brush made by Debbie Mitchell that makes pouncing easy. But I am use to using my scruffy.
    B

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Oh! those eye's!!!!! the nose is so cute and the first I have seen using a candy cane. The blush of the cheeks looks like he got caught using your brush.

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You know, Belle, I take the easy way out when possible. The cheeks are done with a little cake of chalk (or pastel). You could even use regular makeup blush. Just spray with a sealer before brushing on varnish. I outlined the nose with a micron pen in a burnt sienna color. After the black is painted in for the eyes, I stroke a comma stroke of blue paint then come back with a little stroke of white. Then when it is dry, I float a little white over the bottom of the eye.

That's probably more info than you wanted but I think I am a die hard teacher - I like to share everything I know about painting.

B

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

LOL Belle, you are right, he does look a bit like he got caught using Bebe's favorite brush! ;o)

Bebe, I love all the info you share. Many times you tell us things that I would not have thought to do. I have a set of colored Micron pens also, used to use them so much--but had sort of forgotten about them lately. They are so good when you just feel you need a very thin outline on something, aren't they?

Luvs

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus