Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
oops!!!

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 28, 09 at 13:51

I posted my pics on the conversation side - never understood why we have three different places to post but -I forget that I am in a different section when I start posting. Here is the puffed hearts I am painting. Painted them last night, and it went so quickly this time. The worst part is the sanding. I purchased these from a place call Bear with Us Designs. (www.bearwithusinc.com) They have hundreds of little cutouts and patterns too. Wait til you see how cute the Christmas tree is - have to finish it first.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: oops!!!

Bebe, those puffed hearts are so cool. How big are they? Did they come with something to attach the gold cord to? Tell us all about them. Looking forward to the trees. Punk

o

Are those made out of wood? Very unique shape to them. As always, your roses are so pretty. Luvs

o

They are made of wood but they aren't flat, sort of puffed up in the middle. They are about 4.5" long and about 3" wide. I put a small screw in the top and attached the gold cord. I painted them with a soft white - I just don't like having to sand them and since they are routed around the edges, it required a bit of sanding. Glad you liked them. I bought them from www.bearwithusinc.com when I was in Houston. This is the lazy heart, they had the regular hearts, snowmen, trees, etc., also. Glad you liked them.
B

o

I accidentally removed them from photobucket. Sorry.

o

Thanks for re-posting the photo...it is so beautiful! The heart and roses are so soft and graceful looking. I wonder what it would look like with a very light crackle. As usual your stroke work is awesome and the colors compliment the size and shape of the heart. Go Girl!

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here