Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Solar Screen Painting

pezabelle
12 years ago

As I mentioned over on the Conversations side, I have done several painting on solar screen and what fun!

The screen is made of a plastic like, double woven fiber and is much more substantial than regular window/door screen. It has an almost flat surface.

I painted a Barb Jones halloween design from the Oct 2009 Quick and Easy magazine, and although her design is not something I would usually paint, I really like the colors and the shoe and of course the pumpkins.

With screen painting there is virtually no base coating or very little, and the screen is your background. When a deeper more substantial color is needed, only a second or third coat is needed. The only thing that really should be addressed is you have to take care to keep a clean, dry paper towel under you work at all times, as the paint will go though the holes in the screen....but it's easy!

I have several Monika Brink designs that I am going to do on the screen, and I am going to try a simple base coat to help the design stand out rather than on a black background.

I will post pictures after I take them at the show on Sat.

Belle

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor