Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would it be worth the bother?

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 12:10

My neighbor had some wood pallets and one had fallen apart. He gave me the wood pieces in case I wanted to use them for painting or something, they are a nice size for signs or small cutouts. The wood is like a soft plywood with the layers pressed together. Not a real good quality in my opinion. There are staples in them that would need to be pulled out--not sure if the wood is worth the time of doing all of that. Anyone ever used this kind of wood? What's your opinion on it?

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would it be worth the bother?

Luvs, sad to say but I would say no. The wood they use to make pallets here is not planed and just scap wood. We get them and give them away for bon fires or anything someone will take them for. Go buy some nice boards and you will have your projects done and don't even look back.

Punk

o

Luvs....it really would depend on the quality of the pallet. I have seen some that are really nice and other like Punk said, only good for firewood.

Might I suggest you just prep a small area and then paint something simple on it and see how it ends up.

Happy Painting!

Belle

o

Thanks for the good advice Punk and Belle. I might try one piece, but I'm certain these would have to be inside use only since the wood layers is not pressed together very well. Not even sure it would be good enough to use for a Cricut project either. Oh well, it was nice of them to think of me, but don't want to put allot of work into something that won't hold up! Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here