Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gail1055

Some new painted chairs

gail1055
16 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've been very busy getting ready for my craft show in Sept. (Just 3 weeks to go) Here's a sample of what I've been doing. So far I have 7 planter chairs and 6 regular chairs plus 3 left over from last year. I'm hoping to start on some signs the end of the week. Gail

Comments (19)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Gail, you are just amazing! You are just painting up a storm, I can't believe how many chairs you get painted so quickly. They are all just beautiful, but I have to say that bear one is amazing. There's a member over on the garden junk forum who collects bear items--I'm going to have to tell him to come look at your chair. I know he will love it too. Luvs

• gail1055
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Luvs,

I'll have to admit the bear chair is my favorite too. I just finished it yesterday. I've also painted some little step ladders. I did one up for the bear collector. Check it out.

• kirkus
    16 years ago

Gail, I'm the guy over from the Garden Junk forum, and I love your bear chair! The bear on the seat looks realistic! And I love the pinecones on the back! Made my day to see your beautiful creations!!!! Thanks Luvs for sharing! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Ok, I'll add my name to the list on the bear chair. It's so great! I could just imagine a whole set of those around a table in a cabin themed room. Or that fish chair you did before. You are amazing how you just whip those out so quickly and they are all just perfect. That little steppy stool is adorable. I like how you incorporate the one-stroke flowers in with other designs. Great job, once again! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Gail, the little step stool is just adorable too. I love it!

So glad Kirk got to see your bear chair. He has some really neat bear items, some given to him by his students.

Anj, that is what Gail is doing! I recognized some of her painting as looking like the One Stroke, but not everything. That certainly is clever to combine both. Way to go Gail. ;o)

Luvs

• Bright199
    16 years ago

Totally fantastic all of them!!

• nonacook
    16 years ago

Gail, you have done it again! Wonderful!!!

• gail1055
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone, IÂm glad you like my chairs. It should be fun at the show to watch peopleÂs reactions. ItÂs true I donÂt do one stroke exclusively. In fact thereÂs a lot of it I donÂt care for, but it was easy to teach myself to paint that way. There are lots of things I just canÂt figure out how to paint in that style. So I sort of just do my own thing. I still have 3 items IÂm finishing up this week. One of them is the bear bench that I posted a picture of early this summer. I havenÂt been able to paint the seat on it because my cat has become very attached to it. She likes to play on it but her fun will soon be over. Gail

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Oh, how cute that is! Maybe you should find your kitty another one before you sell this one. How fun that she likes to play on it. Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

She's a cutie Gail. Does she follow you around all day tripping you up? My Siamese-Tabby sure does. He is always underfoot. You'd think after 3 years I'd remember to look out for him, but I step on him or roll over his poor tail with my desk chair at least once a week. But you'd think after 3 years he'd know to get out of my way. ha You may end up with a few kitty prints instead of bear prints on that bench. ha ~Anj

• gail1055
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I don't trip over her but she has to try out each chair before I paint it. She also likes to sit and watch the movements of the end of my brush as I paint. She can't understand why she can't play with it. Gail

• alisande
    16 years ago

What beautiful work!! You really are a talent. Clearly your cat agrees. Great shot of her peeking through the heart on the bear bench!

Susan

• anjabee
    16 years ago

bump

• brutuses
    16 years ago

Gail, your little cat is too precious peaking through that heart!!

• oceanna
    16 years ago

That top kitty photo is so darling you should enter it in a photo contest! Your closeup is great to see, too. The expression in the bear's face and the deatil in the pinecones -- it's all so darned good.

• gail1055
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My little cat is named Pebbles. I got her from the shelter a couple of years ago. She loves to sit on all my chairs before I paint them but she really took a liking to the bench. She just loved to play on it and peek through the heart. I had to wait to finish it a couple weeks before the show just so she could play on it. The bench didn't sell at my craft show so it's at the quilt lady's store. I gave the quilt lady a call the other day because when I went to the mailbox there was another check from her. All my little step stools, one chair and a fan blade have sold so far this winter. She told me business has been very, very bad. So I'm glad to have sold anything. She also told me she's seriously thinking of buying the bench for herself. Then she told me how terrible the weather has been. So glad to be here in sunny Florida ;~) Gail

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Gail, that is just great that your items are selling while you are away in sunny Florida. ;o)

Did you get that really cold spell? Bet you were thinking that the cold winter weather was following you, huh?

Luvs

• gail1055
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Luvs, Yeah it was cold for a couple of days. We had to turn the heat on...lol. But there's still plenty of sunshine. The weather has been very strange this winter. My hometown in Wisconsin had a tornado on Monday! They rarely get that kind of weather in the summer let alone in the winter.

Gail

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

I think all of us are saying "the weather is strange this year", we can be running around in shorts one week, and bundled up in coats the next. We have finally gotten some rain here so very thankful for that.

Last year we actually had a freeze, so I am trying to keep an eye on the weather so I can cover some of my plants this year. Especially the ones in pots on my patio like my ficus tree. That had never happened before so caught all of us by surprise. LOL

At least by going to Florida, you miss out on having to scoop snow and worry about the slick roads! And Wisconsin is so green and pretty in the Spring, so you get the best of both states!

Can't wait to see your next projects. I'll catch you later.

Luvs