Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Cute painted door and wall verses

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Hi All, I just wanted to tell you about the painting my SIL had a lady do at her house. She had a dark paneled family room that she wanted to lighten up. She painted the paneling white, added a pretty cutout sunflower border at the top, then had a lady paint a verse over the wide doorway opening and a big graceful sunflower on the laundry room door. It is so pretty. I will have to try to get some pics so I can show you. I just loved how it turned out, and the lady is a really good painter. Makes me want to go home and paint on my walls! Luvs

Comments (3)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Can't wait to see it luvs. Hope you can get pics. It sounds very cute. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Got some pics of SIL's family room to share. I love the sunflower and the words painted above the doorway on both the kitchen and family room sides.

Pay special attention to the two bunnies on the television--I painted those for her many years ago--they have sunflowers on them, so she still wanted to use them.

Some of the sunflower items were found at craft shows, others were ordered from Tenderheart Treasures.

Her bedroom and living room are decorated with Americana accessories--but I didn't get any pics of those.

I always enjoy this SIL and Niece, they both love painted and craft items too, so we always have lots to talk about.

Just click on the pics to get a bigger view.

Luvs

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Wow luvs~ My SIL would love that whole room. She loves yellow and has sunflowers in her kitchen. That's pretty neat the way the artist made the sunflowers and vines look like they are coming right off the border. I can see why you want to get painting on your walls right away. ha But yours would have to be roses, right? :) Did the artist do the one on the door too?
    I love those bunnies. I can't believe you didn't get us a close-up pic! ha Do you remember what the little signs say that they are holding?
    Isn't it so nice to be able to talk with other people who enjoy your hobby? I know ya'll had a great time. Thanks for sharing your/her pics. :) ~Anj

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations