Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flax oil painting

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 07 at 9:20

I have a picture I found at a yard sale, went to hang it and droped it and broke the glass, I read somewhere where you can paint over the picture with maybe it was decopodge or mod podge and get a oil painting look.
I have looked for hours but can not find any info on this, I dont want to mess up the picture trying , does anyone have any ideas on how to do this or any other ideas that might work.
Thanks
Oddie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flax oil painting

Try googling...

faux oil painting how to

(faux not flax)

Here is one site I found for you when I did so...

http://the-artful-crafter.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-to-turn-poster-into-faux-oil.html

good luck,

Brenda

o

Sorry didnt notice that I had spelled faux worng, Had done this search but found nothing on the idea of useing decopodge to make a poster look like a oil painting, I am pretty sure that decopodge was what was used, in the end the poster has lines kinda like a oil painting does, and it seals the poster so as not to have to use glass, was hopeing someone had read about or done this, thanks for your quick responce!
Oddie

o

Sorry, Oddie, I've seen it done, but don't know how to do it myself. The artful crafter site looks like a good one. Good luck. :) ~Anj

o

Thanks for trying! I have a spray clearcoat high shine glaze I got at a yard sale I will try it on a old picture frist.
Oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here