Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I paint more than roses

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 1:05

I love this little design even though the picture is not very good. I am trying to hold off getting a new camera until Christmas. I thought you should see that I can actually paint something besides roses and flowers. I love little Victorian children and women. I think this might be a Brenda Stewart design. I have lots of little patterns that I have drawn off from something and this is one of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I paint more than roses

And you paint more than wonderful santa faces as well! This is just lovely--do you know who Brenda Lee, the country singer is? I think this looks just like her when she was younger! ;o) You have wonderful painting talent and skills. Luvs

o

PF, what a sweetie. Had to laugh though seeing she's holding a beautiful ROSE. That's a neat little sign she's painted on.

Punk

o

Luvs, my husband said the same thing!! I do remember Brenda Lee, one of my favorite singers when I was young. I love painting young girls, I am working on one tonight that is on a bigger surface. This one is on a heart about 8" long. It was hard getting her eyes in but I had the most difficult time with those little lips. And since I posted this I added little roses on the upper right side, couldn't resist.
Later yall.
B

o

Bebe.... I agree, she is beautiful and does look like Brenda Lee and what's wrong with painting what make you happy and it make other people happy as well when they see something as special as this.

Thank You for sharing!

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here