Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Lots of painted items

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Hi all, I went to Michael's today and found Americana paints on sale for 77 cents each--of course I had to pick up a few of my favorite colors!

I then stopped by a TS on the way home. I've been seeing allot of painted items in the TS lately. Anyone else noticed them too? Almost all are the wood cutouts, haven't seen any or the more realistic painted items so far. I'm sure allot of my painted things will probably end up there someday too! ;o( LOL

So what's everybody working on? I've almost got the back of my Christmas in July project finished. Hoped to have it done before the month ended--you know how that goes!

TTYL

Luvs

Comments (3)

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

It seems that "everything" comes before painting during the summer. We have such a short time to enjoy the nice weather I only stay inside when it gets really hot or rains.

Everything, but everything is blooming. My side yard lawn looks more yellow than green, and I actually have grass shoots showing there seeding heads above my grape vines, that at least 7 feet tall. Our pond is sporting 4 legged tadpoles and as my GS used to say "a blue kazillion" baby gold fish as well a pink and yellow water lilies and yellow Floating Hearts. Our mountain strawberries are a food treat for the birds, red squirrels and chipmunks and once in while we actually beat them to the sweet treats.

My niece has asked me to do the signs for her upcoming yard sale, so I am going to do some stenciling as well as use some of the signs we have. That foam board stuff works so well, and holds up really well.

Better run, I can hear those weeds growing as I type.

Belle

• kraftymom
    13 years ago

Nice deal on the paints...the only time I buy paint from the craft store is during clearance when you can get discontinued colors at .25 ea. lol

I am working on another bird project, this time a box in tropical colors with a pair of tropical finches on the lid. If I'm lucky I'll get it finished soon so I can start doing some holiday ornaments.

• anjabee
    13 years ago

I should have read this sooner and checked out our Michaels. =( I am in need of some new paints. I am thinking Halloween and Christmas for some reason. Maybe because Halloween is already in the stores. Ugh. I am trying to finish up the crown plaque that I started 2 weeks ago, but it's looking rather ugly to me and I've come to a standstill. ha I pulled out the ornaments for the family that I had painted and just need to finish up the signs for. My desk is stacked with projects and books. Need to clear a space and clear my mind and then maybe I can start fresh and finish something. ~Anj