Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Butterfly & Daisy's

pezabelle
13 years ago

Just finished the first painting by Sharon Koenig....and I am still not happy with the leaves, gonna go back and try again. Add texture.....and lighten the centers and even out all of the leaves.

{{!gwi}}

I also see while looking at the picture, I need to add stronger highlight and shading on the daisy petals. I need to take pictures during the painting process, they sure show up what is needed or changed.

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

That's looking lovely, Belle. What a pretty butterfly. I don't see a thing wrong with your leaves! Where are you going to use this one? TFS Luvs

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs...thank you! DH is making a frame for me that matches the 6 window pane window frame he refurbished for me. He took the window apart and sanded it all down, put it together again and then used a wire brush on the wood to "weather" it and stained it a grey/blue. This was about 4 years ago and except for decorations at Christmas, I haven't used it. When I got SK's book I knew what was going into the frames. So, not being sure I could paint birds and butterflies, I did one of a different size to go on the wall beside the window frame. Now all I have to do it paint the other 6 and at this rate it will be months, but I did do all of the background, so they are done.

Belle

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Belle, love it! Your background is wonderful and the butterfly stands out like it's 3D. Did you paint all the backgrounds to match? The centers of the sunflowers look so real. It will be great to see all your others as you get them painted.

Punk

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

Beautiful!! Love the color of the butterfly. And the background looks textured to me. I don't know what the leaves are suppose to look like but they look good just as they are to me.

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank You Ladies...don't know why this style of painting is turning out to be so much harder than my usual things, but they sure are!

Punk...Yes, I painted all of the background at the same time, as the colors used were all mixes and I wanted them to match, but I tried to bring out more green in one and more purple in another and so on.

Bebe...the background is just "slip slapped" and I found that I had to turn the board as I was doing this or my "light and fluffy" turn out streaky. As to the leaves, the artist's are more raked? A lot more texture that all blends together.....not happening here!!!!! So I did it my way.

Belle

• anjabee
    13 years ago

Where'd my post go? I did reply to this one but it's disappeared. I love the way your butterfly just pops!! What awesome detail! My MIL loves butterflies and I have painted a few for her....not easy and mine were nowhere near as good as yours! I love it!!

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Anj.....my posts disappear also!

This was a fun one, but I am still working on the petals of the flowers, they need more detail, they are really fuzzy. I have several more butterflies I want to do but the nice weather calls to me.

Belle