Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
book of dichotomy

Posted by luthien (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 23, 09 at 14:27

hey ladies :)
hope everyone is doing good :) read your message about slowing projects, luvs ... does this always happen this time of the year? anyway, i just finished a book project and this one i hand painted so i thought i'll like to share it here.

book of dichotomy

this is a handmade book ... my first hand sewn book :)) the cover is made out of 2 coaster base then painted over with acrylics. the binding is some scrap leather which i manage to get my hands on a couple of days ago. the book is made in such a way that it's a 2 way book and opens from right to left both sides :) (which i have attempted to illustrate with the 2 pictures on the left bottom corner) ...

as always i love to hear from you all :) and if you wish to read about the whole creative process and the concept behind the book (very long!!) you can click on my blog link below :)

also ... a group that i belong to called "inspiration avenue" is throwing a blog party on the 1st august. the theme is "5 degrees of inspiration". there will be a big giveaway and a cash voucher ... so any of you who blogs on blogspot and is interested in the party, you can find the button on the party in my blog as well. just click on the button and it'll take you to the place where you can sign in by leaving a comment :)) the button is on the top of my immediate right side bar :))

take care ... and have a great weekend :))
HUGS!
luthien :))

Here is a link that might be useful: the creative process of the book

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: book of dichotomy

Hi Luthien, I have no idea what dichotomy means, but you sure did a beautiful painting job on that book! Every detail is just painted perfectly. Thanks for sharing it here with us. Luvs

o

Luthien, Nice book. I'll have to take time to read about it at a later time. Great to hear from you again. Punk

o

Luthien, you use such big words, girl, I wasn't sure what the word meant either but since I had heard it before I knew it was something about being a partition or half of - so I grabbed my trusty dictionary and looked it up. I love words so anytime I hear or see one that I am not familiar with, I have to find out what it means. At any rate, you did a great job on your book, it is beautiful

o

hello ladies!!
my goodness ... my email didn't send me all these messages! thanks for your lovely comments!! means so much to me :))

LOL!!! i wasn't sure of the word "dichotomy" myself ... i had to check it thoroughly too to make sure i didn't use the wrong word for this concept :)) so i learned a new word myself!!

hugs & peace,
luthien :))

o

beautiful!

o

So glad this was commented on by Kat WA., I surely missed it the first time around.

Such detail! My goodness girl, this is quite a creation! It would be the center of attention in any setting. Really beautiful!

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here