Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gail1055

Before and After Cat Chair

gail1055
16 years ago

Well the chair I brought home from the quilt lady's store is finished. All but the sealer. The top cat got a little fatter than I wanted but I'm happy with it and can't wait to get it back to the store. Thanks to Anj and Luvs for the suggestions. How do you like it? Gail

Comments (11)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Aw Gail...It turned out so cute! Love the whimsical look on the cats faces. They just look like they are having so much fun you can't help but smile. The quilt lady should be very pleased. And I like the brown and blue together. Great job as always! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Wow! That turned out just perfect. The brown and blue really transformed that chair, and your cats are such a good match for the fabric. Wish I could see the quilt lady's face when she sees it--I know she will be thrilled. Great job, Gail, as always. Luvs

• marika5
    16 years ago

That fat cat is adorable!

• alisande
    16 years ago

Beautiful! Great colors, and wonderful cats. (I would say "pleasantly plump.") Must have been fun to do.

Susan

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

I think your cat chair turned out wonderful. And the cat is "not fat." I saw a cute card one time with a pic of big ole' sheep on the front of it it. It said, "Ewe's Not Fat" - and inside it said, "Ewe's Just Fluffy." LOL

• oddie
    16 years ago

Beautiful chair, what a great painter you are!
    oddie

• gail1055
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like it. We brought it to the quilt lady's store yesterday. She was delighted :0) and can't wait to see people's reactions to it. Wish I could be a fly on the wall because seeing people's reactions is best of all. Next weekend that little town is having there sidewalk days, so there will be lots of people around. I also brought along some of my other painted things that have been laying around the house this summer (fan blades, a cane, magazine rack). I'll be dropping by next weekend with some business cards and I thought I'd bring the before picture of the chair to set on the seat. This has been a busy summer for me. 7 weeks to go until my big craft fair and I only have 4 chairs done. I better get busy! Gail

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Well, Gail, at least you getting busier means more pics of great projects for us. ha Be sure and pass on to us all the good feedback you get from your chair. I know your stuff will do well. :) ~Anj

• anjabee
    16 years ago

bump

• annielu
    16 years ago

Wow, that chair is awesome!! Great job!! Love the FAT cat, how cute!!

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh, Gail! That's definitely one of the cutest chairs I've ever seen! You did a super fantastic job with it. That chair is going to be getting it's owner compliments for many years to come.