Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Somebody stop me!!

paintingfool
14 years ago

Just kidding, I hate to waste paint and this clipboard needs to be finished so for the LAST TIME, I PROMISE, I will show you the front of the clip board. The pictures are not very good, I think I will have to start taking them outside for natural light. The leaves and the rosebud are the same color as the large rose.

Also, I was telling Ang that I paint everything so here is a photo of my palette knife and stylus. Now, would you believe I have yet to paint my painters tote? I better get busy and try to do it before Sunday when I leave for the Houston Art Expo. If I remember to bring my camera I will take pictures to show yall when I get back.

I have been having the hardest time with my Internet Exployer. I think the problem is corrected now that I removed their new version #8.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (2)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

That clipboard is just to die for! You really prettied it up nicely. I have never even thought about painting my stylus!LOL Love both of your tools, I'd be afraid I'd get stray paint on them!

So what is the Houston Expo! Is it just exhibits? Or will you be taking/teaching classes there? I'd love to hear all about it and see some pics too.

Luvs

P.S. Be sure to show us your tote when you get it painted too okay?

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The Houston Expo is a convention for Decorative Painters. They have classes in acrylic, oils, watercolor, etc. Then on Thursday - Saturday they open up the big ballroom where you can shop from so many vendors. The vendors of course, sell everything related to painting, brushes, books, painting packets, wood, etc. It runs 21-25 July. I have never been to Houston but I have been to the National Conventions and to the Heart of Ohio (HOOT) convention. They also have one in Las Vegas in February, some in the Northeast - I am not sure about the ones on the west coast. At the convention the classes being taught are usually by nationally known teachers. I am taking a class with the Society of Decorative Painters President (oil class of a calla lily) and a few acrylic. One with Peggy Harris where we will be painting a goldfish and I hope to learn how to use Jo Sonja's Magic Mix in this class.

Anyway, there are 5 of us going, we share expenses (not all in one room).

I doubt I will be able to get my tote done before going. I seem to be baby sitting a lot these days. But I told the kids I would love to see the grandchildren but they will have to come with them and stay - and I am doing nothing else for the next several days so I can get packed and the house cleaned before I go.

Later,
    B