Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annielu_gw

my garden sign

annielu
15 years ago

I painted this on an old piece of slate.

The pattern is from one of the painting magazines.

Comments (8)

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

This is darling and very festive - was the slate heavy?
    B

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Annielu, You beat me to it! I saw that pattern in the magazine and thought it was so cute and colorful too. Just hadn't gotten around to cutting out a piece of wood for it yet. You sure did a really nice job on yours, I love it. Bet it was a fun one to paint too, wasn't it? So what else have you been up to, you haven't been around here for awhile? Are you doing any craft shows this summer? Luvs

• annielu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes the slate is heavy!! I had a hard time putting it on my picket fence!!
    Thanks, Luvs. I've been in the painting mood, so I've been painting a lot on my days off. I've also been doing cakes. I did a wedding cake last weekend and 4 birthday cakes!!! That, and working full time has kept me busy, so I've been painting to relax. I have today off so I'm headed to the front porch to paint!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Wow, you are one talented gal, not only do you paint but you do cakes too! You know you can always show us your cakes too--just post them over on the conversations side. I for one, would love to see them. I always wanted to learn to decorate cakes--but I was afraid I'd eat waaay too much cake and icing if I did! LOL Now I wish I would have learned to decorate them so I could make some of those cute faux cupcakes and things. Might still find a class and try it. I know what you mean about painting to relax and unwind. That's how I survived my 30 years in banking! I could pretty much figure out any problem or just de-stress with some quiet time painting. We love seeing your projects, so please keep coming by to share, okay? Luvs

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

Love your sign. What magazine is it from?

I am a former cake decorator. I use to to it for extra money while I was going to school many, many, years ago. LOL I did custom cakes and found it very rewarding. I too would like to see some pics.

• posieh
    15 years ago

I used to do wedding cakes and others too and transported them to the reception sites (that was stressful)..We didn't have air conditioning then and it seemed I had the most wedding cakes to bake on the hottest of summer days....WHEW ! In those days I figured if I made $25 on a cake I was doing good. At my last Grandson's wedding the "kids" didn't want cake, didn't like cake, so they had fantasticely fattening pies ! They were a huge success!

• annielu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Check the conversations side, I'm posting more pics(of cakes).

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hi annielu~ finally getting to post after having some problems accessing the site. Love your slate. It's so pretty and patriotic. I like how the slate makes it look rustic on the edges. Always enjoy seeing your projects! ~Anj

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living