Do you know about this site?

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Just ran across this site while "surfing", thought I'd share it. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting books and supplies

Comments (10)

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

I do, I've ordered from them before. Good service too. Another good site for books at great prices is;

http://www.viking-publications.com/

Browse their books and specials and you can find some great bargains at $2 and $3 each.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Kraftymom, I've heard of Viking but never visited their site. I'll head over and browse a bit. Luvs

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

I Just checked the Viking site and found some great books!!
    $2 and $3 each and were 10 and 12 dollars each.Can't beat that for prices. I am a book lover anyway. Thanks for the tip!!

• oceanna
    15 years ago

Ooo, me too! Putting my order in. Thanks!

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Just been checking out this site. Lots of good books. Here is another place that is having a clearance on their books if you want to take a peek. ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Miller Wood Crafts

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I just ran across this tonight. It seems a tole painter has died and left 100's of painting books and her SIL is selling them for $5 each. Mind boggling, but I'm sure some of you have that many and more. ha Here's the link if you want to check it out. ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting books

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My goodness! That's quite allot of books. I rather doubt that they will get $5 per book plus $1.50 for mailing each one! I recognized many of them, and have several of the same titles.

With the exception of the Christmas and floral ones, many are sort of "dated" now as are allot of my own. That's not to say that I wouldn't enjoy browsing through the majority of them, and I'm sure I'd find myself saying "Isn't this cute?" or "I'd like to paint this one." etc. LOL

Thanks for sharing that site Anj.

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I know the price is kinda steep for older books, and $1500 for all! Did you see that? I was just sharing in case there is an out of print one someone has been looking for in the bunch. Wouldn't you love to browse thru them though??? Think of the hours of fun! ha We are nuts. hahaha ~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the great sites everyone. Wish I had more time to browse through them. I painted some ladybug bowling balls a few weeks ago and will try to get some pictures and share. Does anyone remember who had painted the bowing balls like ladybugs here on this forum? I'd like to give her credit for her fun project she shared with all of us.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Phonegirl, the ladybug bowling balls came from the Garden Junk forum. I think Craftylady had posted an inspiration pic, and then some of the ladies there actually made some. Can't wait to see your pics and details on how you painted it--I've got a black bowling ball just waiting to be decorated. Luvs