Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lulie___wayne

Can't Believe it's Been a Year!

lulie___wayne
19 years ago

Hello, Everyone! I can't believe that it has been a year since I was last here. I have been busy helping care for my sweet mom who passed away on this past June 3. I really am ready to get back into the swing painting again. She painted beautifully. We completed many paintings together and I am sure that she would want me to continue with it. I see the forum still isn't moving really fast, but luckily it's still here.

What is everyone working on now? I'm trying to decide what I want to paint now.

Lu

Comments (9)

• minnie_tx
    19 years ago

So sorry to hear about your mom but happy that you had good times together. I'm sure she wants you to continue.
    Hugs!

• ImaBusyBee
    19 years ago

Hello Lu...it was your suggestion [and paintings] that brought me over here..Thought I would see what is going on here...

• lulie___wayne
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hey!! So glad you came. The forum still seems to be slow, unfortunately.
    Have you decided on something to do?
    I think the next thing I'm gonna do will be something with a lot of flowers in it. I want it to be colorful!
    Lu

• Grama
    19 years ago

Hell'o Lulie, So Sorry to hear about your Mother. I lost my Mother about a year ago. She was so talented in many fields and I am too. However, I took up painting about 1.5 years ago and have really enjoyed it. I know Mother would have encouraged me on too.
    Keep painting.... I feel your Mothers watching.
    Put your paintings on for us to see.

Do you paint oil, acrylic or what? I really like acrylic. I especially like Christmas or Halloween.

However, what I really enjoy painting is WINE BOTTLES, with grapes, flowers, fruit, animals etc. Whatever comes to me at the time. I have 3 Grandsons and 2 daughters that have lovely homes that enjoy my paintings.

I noticed this topic is still going but not heavily used. I hope it is not discontuined and maybe others will jump on line with us.

Good luck. Grama

• lulie___wayne
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you for the condolences, Grama, and I too am sorry for the loss of your mom.
    I do oils on canvas. I will post some of my paintings if you like. I would love to see other's work also. Grama, post your wine bottles.
    I wish so much that this forum would be more active also. I definitely will continue painting. I know Mom would really want that. We had talked about painting together some when she was sick, but it was just too hard for her.
    I'll start a new post maybe tomorrow to show some of my paintings.
    Lu

• calirose
    19 years ago

Hi Lulie and Grama,

My sympathies on the loss of your moms. I lost my mom in 2000, after having brought her to live with me the last few years of her life.

Lu, you are right about your mom wanting you to keep painting. Knowing that my mom felt that way has given me courage to teach. I paint in oils, acrylic and watercolor.

I was debating whether or not to renew membership, but if we can keep this board active on painting, I will.

Looking forward to your pics Lu!
    Cheers,
    Rhonda

• lulie___wayne
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oh, Rhonda please stick around. I really would like to get this thing going. It could be such a valuable forum and I have looked and looked on the internet for a good fine arts forum and I haven't found one yet.
    I'm going out of town tomorrow, but I will post the pics soon.
    Lu

• calirose
    19 years ago

Okay Lu! I have renewed my membership. I have 3 pics in the gallery on the Clay forum. Maybe we can convince Spike to create a gallery for this forum!?!

Btw, I have just been hired by the local college to teach oil painting!

Love the painter!
    Rhonda

• lulie___wayne
    Original Author
    19 years ago

That would be awesome to have a gallery, Rhonda. You can post your pictures right here in the posts, though.
    So glad that you renewed your membership.
    Congrats to you on your college teaching job. That is wonderful. I gladly welcome any critiquing I can get.
    That's how we learn.
    Lu

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner