Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luvs, the base is painted

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 14, 09 at 11:57

Here is the base to the clipboard painting. I think I am finished now. I really like the way it turned out but I need to work with the Genisis paints a little more. Since I painted stroke roses on my friends clipboards, I decided mine should be a little different. Now I need to decide if I should do anything to the front... I always forget to take a photo before varnishing so the leaves look a little weird with the way the paint is laid in but they really don't look like that in person.

I will be glad when everyone starts painting again. I miss not seeing their projects. A chapter I belong to in Mobile is having their ornament paint in this weekend so I will post the projects when I get back.
B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luvs, the base is painted

That finishes it off beautifully! You gals will certainly get lots of wonderful oooh's and aaaah's from the rest of the group. Your painting is always so good---bet class teachers wonder why you are even there for their classes! LOL

I might have to dig out the router again and practice. It is so fast and noisy it scares me. Really does make for nice edges though, doesn't it? I used to want to use it to make my own plaques, but sort of gave up on that idea.

Luvs

o
RE: Luvs, the base is painted

What a nice project and I love the roses, so soft and pretty with a nice background and all the little swirls. Makes me want to get busy and paint again seeing all of the new projects being posted.

Luvs, your right with the router being fast and they are dangerous so be careful if you use yours. I'm so happy DH likes to do all that for me. I need my two hands so blessings have been sent down for me. haha

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here