Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
26 years later and I finally finished it!!!!

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 12, 10 at 11:53

Well, almost. I still have to buy new dowels to go in the holes. I purchased this in May 1984 when the shop I frequented decided to close. I was so afraid I would not be able to find more wood things to paint (silly, huh??) that I bought as much as I could. But I really liked it and didn't know what to paint on it. And as you know I have pink paint on my palette this week (lots of special orders on roses) so I decided to paint a few to see what it would look like. It is perfect for my bathroom which is being changed from lavender to pink. I am so proud of myself - I finally finished it and now I am off to the shed to see what else I have stored in there. Oh, this piece is almost 24 inches long. It had three pegs but I plugged the middle because I didn't think there was enough space between them to hang anything. Later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 26 years later and I finally finished it!!!!

Love the shape of that piece and you did a great job of painting it as always. :-)

I am glad to see I'm not the only one who has stored pieces that were bought several years ago because at the time I just knew it was going to look great when painted. lol

o

What a lovely piece! I really like that color scheme, too. I used those colors for one of our bedrooms. So soothing and fresh!

I have stored unfinished quilt tops and blocks. Some I made, some I bought. It's nice to finally see your vision for something come to life!

o

Ahhh, Bebe, your rose items always make me drool. That is a great shape and so neat that it can hold two towels. Your design is perfect for it and I love how you put the small roses in the corners of it too. Yipee, one more piece of your stash finished and ready to use! ;o)

Luvs

o

So proud of you that you finally finished this beautiful project. It will be nice in your bathroom redo. I have a BR in purple and always wanted to paint a flower on the wall to match but will probably change colors before that happens.

Is the outside painted a pale green? Neat wood shape and will look good with something hanging on it.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here