Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Another side of the painting

paintingfool
14 years ago

I thought I had posted both pics, here is the other.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

That is a terrific idea for the clipboard holder. Sure could have used one of those while in school and working. did he just use a pretty piece of molding? Or is it a couple of boards glued together and the the edges routered?

Love the way the gold pen finishes the edges so neatly too. And your painting is wonderful as always. ;o)

Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Luvs, it is just a plain piece of 1"x4". He routed around the edges and I am sure he mitered his saw to do the slot where the clipboard goes in. I have only basecoated the stand. Oh, and he provided two large elastic bands to hold the bottom of a book or paper. It was only $8.00. It can be used for a recipe, for crocheters, knitters, etc. It sure helps if you are in class and you need to hold your pattern or picture.
    Thanks for the compliment, I think we both share a real love for roses. I tried something different, I took the pattern of a rose from Margot Clark and used the double load brush to paint in the petals. It came out looking pretty good. You and I don't usually use a pattern - but this was for a friend and she wanted it to look a certain way.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

You did a fantastic job finishing up this project Bebe. What a creative lady you are. You must have a very steady hand using your gold pen. Thanks so much for sharing all your talent with us here. Punk

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh, you silly girl - I am getting older and my hands are not as steady as they use to be. I used a T-square ruler. I believe in using whatever is available to achieve the results I want. If I didn't have the gold pen, I would tape the width of the band, seal it with glazing medium, then paint it gold.

Thanks Yall, it is so nice to have you all around.

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional