Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another rose

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 13, 09 at 11:19

I had a class several years ago in Genisis heat set paint. I haven't used the paints since that class so this weekend I got them out to try painting on my clipboard. I only had a limited amount of colors so I had to mix a bit. This is the back side. I don't plan to paint the front yet. My friend, Sherry, had her hubby make these for us to hold our photos, instructions, books, etc. It is really neat but since we are going to the Houston Art Expo next week, we wanted to have ours painted. I like the look but do you think I should put a poem or quote in the bottom area, it looks a little bare?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another rose

What a lovely rose! What a great idea to paint the back of the clipboard so it looks pretty for other's to see when you hold it up. I would never have thought to do that! ;o)

Sometimes "less is more", but you could do a short verse there. Maybe something like "Beauty awaits you",or "Smell the roses". Maybe someone else can suggest part of a poem or something.

Luvs

o
RE: Another rose

Such a professionally looking project. Be sure to let us know what everyone at the Art Expo says about your clip boards. Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here