Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

More Christmas in July

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Finished painting this banner/sign. I plan to make it reversible and have already started to paint the other side. Thinking I will hang it on my lampost out front, so will need to look good from both sides.

Renee Mullins designs always look "easy" to me, but they actually do have allot of shading and little details so take me awhile to paint them.

Luvs

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, what a wonderful sign. Looks like alot of work went into this one alright. Love the snowman's hat, candies and everything. Just so stinkin' cute.

What are you painting on the other side? I started a ginger tray last night that is pretty simple so should be able to join the fun soon.

Just got a call that a DF broke her hip so will wait for another report and may have to run to the hospital. There goes my painting time today. Friends are more important than finishing a tray.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Punk, good to see you. So sorry about your friend, but you are right, friends are much more important than painting. Hope she will be okay soon.

I'm just doing another Renee Mullins design on the other side. Both are from the new book I ordered from Artists Club a few weeks ago.

Her designs make me smile!

Luvs

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

Luvs, you paint some of the cutest things. This is darling and it looks very detailed. I had meant to stop by and leave comments on everyone's posts but it seems I get interupted every time I sit down to check out what is going on. I see that every body has been busy. I am trying to paint as often as I can but some times I get overwhelmed because there is so much to do - or perhaps I should say - so many things I want to do. Later

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good to hear from you Bebe, glad you had time to stop by. Hope you will remember to take before and after shots of anything you are transforming with your paintbrushes. Have fun and come by whenever you can. Luvs

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Luvs....WoW! Fantastic! You have been a busy lady. RM's project are so complex but you really nailed this one, right down to the sprinkles on the cookie. Would love to be a mouse in your house when you GD takes a peek at this one.

Thank You for sharing and for another smile,

Belle
    PS. Punk..hope your DF is doing well.
    Bebe...like Punk, you have been missed!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's the reverse side of my little sign/banner. This way you will see one side when you drive up to my house and the other side as you leave. It's the perfect size to go on the metal bar on my yard lamp post.

Hey, three painted projects in July--that's pretty good for me! Right?

Luvs

• anjabee
    13 years ago

WoW Luvs!! Me luvs!! Both sides. I love Renee Mullins! Did you see that she has her brand new book out? I just saw that she is taking pre-orders on her site. I'll post the link here. You are on a roll lady and these are no easy designs you are painting! This is going to look so great on your signpost come winter with all the bright colors. Course you don't get the snow like we do, but still, it will look great! Makes me want to get painting! Hopefully this week! ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Renee's site new book

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh gosh, Anj, don't show me more of her books. I had just gotten her new mini seasons and this Christmas one from Artists Club. Her designs always make me smile, and they are colorful.

You have been so busy all summer, but you know it doesn't get much better when school starts and the kids have so many activities going on! You need to just concentrate your main energy on them now, and sneak off for some paint therapy whenever you get the chance! Don't worry, you will have lots of time for painting when they head off to college or get married--just keep enjoying these moments you have with them now.

Luvs

• khspw
    13 years ago

very cute

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations