Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a beautiful rose site

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 07 at 10:27

For those of you who love painting roses, this is Gary Jenkins website. He and his wife paint beautiful roses and they teach also. They are putting together another PBS series after 10 years of being off the air and should be available in the fall. If you have a PBS station in your area, you could ask that they pick this series up, they show you how to paint the roses and other flowers, birds, etc. and I know you will love it. I don't know how to link the site but this is the we address. Enjoy.
www.jenkinsartstudio.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a beautiful rose site

PF, You are right, beautiful painting--BUT I sure am not at that level of painting! LOL

I'll leave the oil painting to you, you are much more skilled in that, and much better at stroke work.

Thanks for sharing the site, I will certainly watch for their new show. Love to watch painters.

Luvs

o

Here's a rose tutorial I found online. I haven't tried it yet but they make it look soooo easy. I've never been to good at roses. I find using an angle brush helps. But I'm going to give this a try. Thought you might what to check it out. Gail

Here is a link that might be useful: Basic one stroke rose tutorial

o

Hi Gail, for some reason, I can't get my mind around stroke #3. LOL I can do the DD one stroke rose fairly well now, and I am working on learning to do a more loose stroke rose. Even have a dvd of a shabby chic one. I love the look of projects with roses on them. Thanks for sharing that site, it was fun to see another approach. Luvs

o

Bumping up for Dreamgoddess to check out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here