Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

What was I thinking???

paintingfool
14 years ago

Basecoating 20 sleds??? I did it but I was up to midnight. I am so glad I did it though or it would have taken much longer than anticipated to complete the painting. We had our paint in yesterday and had such a good time. The little spoons and the original painted sled I gave away during our raffle. Now I have to get busy painting an ornament for another chapter paint in and I really do not have any idea what I will paint.

Where is everybody? I'm attaching our chapter's blog if anyone is interested, I posted a few pics from yesterday.

B

Here is a link that might be useful: North West Florida Sea Oats

Comments (4)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi Bebe, I thought you were pretty ambitious to do all that basecoating! I sure hope the gals appreciated all your work doing it so they could concentrate on the "fun" part of the project.

Things are a bit slow now, everyone is either doing yard work, having company, or have kids out of school to entertain. Me, I'm just procrastinating as usual! LOL

Don't forget to check the gallery and conversations sides, we've got a few posts there that you may not have seen yet.

Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Luvs, I figured everyone must be busy with summer activities. You and I are Grammies so I have extra time on my hands. I procrastinate if I don't have a deadline on something, I usually wait to the last minute just like I did with the sleds.

I did enjoy teaching the Santa. But I think some of them misunderstood the directions I gave. I basecoated the mustache and the beard and when it came time to draw in the face, several drew the beard in above the basecoated beard. They had these little faces with the nose almost up to the eyes. So, I had a bit of correcting to do but I don't mind. I wanted everyone to go home happy with their piece. We had 15 students show up and three that didn't make it so luckily, for me, I have a sled left to paint for myself.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

LOL, now those are the kinds of stories you need to share on your blog so newbies will realize that not everyone there painting is an "expert". I still remember feeling scared and intimidated at the first class I ever took at a big craft store--a whole room full of "painters" and only two of us "newbies"!

I tried to correct a project yesterday that just wasn't turning out the way I wanted. Wasted the afternoon, because I really hate it. Plan to take it out to the sander and start fresh today! Sometimes, it just happens that way! It was something I was trying to do using bits and pieces of a pattern--just best if I follow the pattern I do believe. ;o(

You really do the santas so well, the beards you paint are just awesome. (Same thing with your feathers.) I'm sure they will all treasure that sled, it was gorgeous. Will you actually get around to painting another one for yourself? If I don't do multiples, I usually never go back and paint one for myself.

Did I tell you that my SIL, Niece, great niece, and great niece in law loved the box of painted items I took to them. Told them to just pick out what they wanted and give away the rest. It was so fun to see them saying "Oh, look at this" or "this would be perfect on your deck". Now, I need to start thinking about making things for a couple of birthdays and then neighbor gifts for Christmas too. I know it will be here again before I am ready!

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Bebe~ I just replied to your other post. Didn't realize you had already done the class. I'm sorry I haven't been around as much as usual, but since it's stopped raining I've got lots to do both indoors and out. Gotta soak up a little sun in between all the work too. Makes for a happier me. ha Your students are lucky to have you. I don't remember the last time I saw any painting classes posted around here anywhere. ~Anj