Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you painted your Crocs?

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 08 at 21:52

I was in Marshall's the other day and saw that they were selling white Crocs (knockoffs) painted with red flowers and green leaves. That would be so easy to do! And you could get a lot more inventive than big red flowers (although the big red flowers were cute).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you painted your Crocs?

I don't own any Crocs (my personal feelings, but I just can't stand them! ha), but it's a cute idea. Everyone else sure seems to love them. Are you gonna paint some up for us to see? ~Anj

o

Nope, I'm not crazy about them either. I do own a pair of knockoffs ($5 at Walmart) and they're very comfy. But I have to wear them with socks because I can't stand dirty feet. And that means I do not wear them when I appear in public!

o

Yall are so funny. I love my Crocs but not the ugly ones, I bought the ones that look like flip flops and they are wonderful to walk in. I live in the south so we wear flip flops to the stores - just too hot to wear socks. I have never thought to paint them but I bet you could with some of the paint for plastics.
B

o

My GD loves them and would love to have some of hers painted. She has the little add ons on most of hers now. Would you paint them with the patio paints so they would stay on?

o

Hey Bebe~ didn't know Crocs made flip flops. I could probably do those. ha I just don't like the big chunky crocs. I've heard they are really comfortable though. My mom has a pair she gardens in. My DD teases her calling them her clown shoes. ha They do make your foot look a few sizes bigger than they are. ha

o

Yes, they actually make them. Mine are pink insoles and the bottom is brown. They are like walking on jelly. I picked mine up at Hallmark but I have seen them at the Navy Exchange also. They are the actually Crocs, not a knockoff. I hate the way the others look - I only wear a size 6 but they do make your feet look big - like there is too much room above the toe area. My grandsons love theirs - they want to wear them even in the winter with socks!!

o

For painting Crocs I would use either Plaid's Paint for Plastic, or maybe FolkArt enamels. Both paints are permanent when cured but the properties of the enamels might make them more durable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here