Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Have you painted your Crocs?

alisande
15 years ago

I was in Marshall's the other day and saw that they were selling white Crocs (knockoffs) painted with red flowers and green leaves. That would be so easy to do! And you could get a lot more inventive than big red flowers (although the big red flowers were cute).

Comments (7)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I don't own any Crocs (my personal feelings, but I just can't stand them! ha), but it's a cute idea. Everyone else sure seems to love them. Are you gonna paint some up for us to see? ~Anj

• alisande
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nope, I'm not crazy about them either. I do own a pair of knockoffs ($5 at Walmart) and they're very comfy. But I have to wear them with socks because I can't stand dirty feet. And that means I do not wear them when I appear in public!

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Yall are so funny. I love my Crocs but not the ugly ones, I bought the ones that look like flip flops and they are wonderful to walk in. I live in the south so we wear flip flops to the stores - just too hot to wear socks. I have never thought to paint them but I bet you could with some of the paint for plastics.
    B

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

My GD loves them and would love to have some of hers painted. She has the little add ons on most of hers now. Would you paint them with the patio paints so they would stay on?

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hey Bebe~ didn't know Crocs made flip flops. I could probably do those. ha I just don't like the big chunky crocs. I've heard they are really comfortable though. My mom has a pair she gardens in. My DD teases her calling them her clown shoes. ha They do make your foot look a few sizes bigger than they are. ha

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Yes, they actually make them. Mine are pink insoles and the bottom is brown. They are like walking on jelly. I picked mine up at Hallmark but I have seen them at the Navy Exchange also. They are the actually Crocs, not a knockoff. I hate the way the others look - I only wear a size 6 but they do make your feet look big - like there is too much room above the toe area. My grandsons love theirs - they want to wear them even in the winter with socks!!

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

For painting Crocs I would use either Plaid's Paint for Plastic, or maybe FolkArt enamels. Both paints are permanent when cured but the properties of the enamels might make them more durable.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths