Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Another ornament

paintingfool
14 years ago

This is the other ornament I will be teaching. It is on an 11" x 3" wood sled. Very simple, not much detail. Now, I am off to basecoat the pattern on 20 of those sleds. We have a limited amount of time to teach an ornament at our paint in so I usually basecoat so all the members have to do is the detail work. I will let you know how they turn out.

B
{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• dianecrafts
    14 years ago

That is adorable. You basecoat the pattern in for everyone??? I want to be in your class!!!! I am "thinking" about ornaments too, but right now if I don't start sewing my craft show booths are not going to be stocked as my inventory is almost zero. I have been a grasshopper way too much this year, when I should have been the ant....you remember the story about the "Grasshopper and the Ant".

Diane

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

I'd love to be in your class too, Bebe, but not so much because you do the basecoating--I want to see how you do those gorgeous beards! Every time you post beards or feathers, I just think you do them so well and they are so gorgeous. Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Bet your class will be full when the members see what they will be painting and they're base coating is already done. How sweet of you to do that so they can paint a project like this. Your santas whispy little beard is darling and so is the rest of your sled.

I'm so happy you are posting all your projects and inspiring us to get ready for Christmas. I'd love to come and paint with you also.

Punk

• luthien
    14 years ago

holey moley B! basecoat for everyone?? why don't you just do it in 2 classes? man! that's a lot of work. starting christmas projects so soon? i was about to post my paper weights becos i suddenly thought that they will make nice and easy christmas gifts:) but i must say the sleds will be really nice as christmas presents!
    hugs luthien :))

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Diane - I don't know if I remember the story about the grasshopper and the ant - do tell.

Luvs and Punk, I use the oval rake brush for the beard and I basecoat with a medium grey first. That way the beard is not totally white (or in this case light buttermilk) and then highlighted with white. But I can see now that the mustache is too white.

Punk - I have to start painting early for Christmas since our club is having a art and craft sale to raise money for the chapter. And I love painting Santas and snowmen. Ornaments are easy to sell, not so much the other things I paint. You can put so much time and effort into a painting and get very little for it.

Thanks again all of you. I sure wish we could all have a class together.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Bebe, would you show me a picture of your oval rake brush? I have a rake brush but it is a fan shape. Don't think I've seen an oval one, but sounds like something I need.

You made me laugh when you said this santa sled doesn't have much detail--looks like tons of detail to me just doing the face! You are just so good that you now find it all very simple and easy me thinks! ;o)

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

That's cute Bebe. They are gonna have fun with that one. I'll join in with the others with WTH were you thinking. ha Basecoating for everyone. ha You'll be tired out before the class even starts and you'll be sick of this guy for sure. ha I want to see your rake brush too. Mine is a fan. ~Anj

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz