Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

My egret painting

paintingfool
12 years ago

This is my latest canvas painting. I love the way Brenda Harris paints acrylics so I took a class from her to learn the technique she uses - which is great because she used a lot of tube paint and several different kinds of medium. Here is the one I just completed this morning. He is actually darker than appears but I took this inside so the flash flattened it a bit.

B

Comments (11)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

That is absolutely beautiful. You do wonderful work.
    Marylee

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Very professional looking, Bebe, you did a wonderful job on it. Love the frame you chose also, so rich looking.

I love how you did the background and the purplish tint to the bushes, and your egret is excellent.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Although your eye is first drawn to the Egret, you also become aware of the tree and the mist and the rocks in the water. Very well balanced! As mentioned, the frame really sets the painting.

Thank you for sharing.

Belle

• anjabee
    12 years ago

Oh I love it Bebe!! I love egrets too. Always take lots of pics of them when we are down in Louisiana. It's very realistic! It does look beautiful in the frame. ~Anj

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks yall. I know you would all love this technique. Brenda has several different mediums to keep your acrylic paints blendable and she uses tube acrylics and lots of it. We didn't float color once, it was great. The picture is actually darker and richer but it didn't show up in the photo.

Gosh, I ate too much at dinner, now I am stuffed!! Can't even sit and paint right now.
    B

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed By An Angel

• oceanna
    12 years ago

Wopw, that's terrific! I love all the things the others mentioned, and also how it seems to fade off into the mist on the left. It's just great.

• kraftymom
    12 years ago

Just beautiful!! Nice frame too...how big is that piece?

I love Brenda Harris and I also enjoy using mediums...wouldn't paint on canvas without them. :-)

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    12 years ago

KM, the painting is 16" x 20". It is a nice size and the frame was only $25 - can you believe it? I haven't used her mediums before but I did enjoy it and I like the look. I am glad I was able to finally paint with her since she is retiring next year from travel teaching.

Yall stop by my blog - I am having a giveaway.
    B

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed By An Angel

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

B, your painting is outstanding. I hope you will share with us about using the different mediums on this painting. I can't fathom this method and want to know more about it, please.

Took a look at your give aways. There will be some happy ones soon with all the wonderful pieces your giving away.

Punk

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Punk, the mediums she sells is her own brand. She has a clear blend that you brush on (as I did in the water above) and then when you take your paint over the blend it makes it transparent. The white blend makes the paints move easier and will make the paint a little paler. It reminds me of Magic White that Bob Ross uses. You put it in the sky and the paint blends easily. The slow blend extends the drying time for the paint. I haven't tried all of them yet but I intend to do so soon. I like painting in acrylic but not so much on canvas because the paint was not workable but with the blends above it is almost like painting with oils.

Thanks for the sweet comment.
    B

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

I love it so much. A couple of years ago I was searching for a painting of a white egret since I have paintings of more or less bayou scenes with tiny egrets in them in the distance, very dreamy scenes with misty swamp type beauty. Some palm trees. I wanted a main painting over the bed to draw out the egrets in the distance. This is a beautiful painting and something that would have worked well for that space! Can't believe I'm seeing this! I ended up with an Audubon print of a large white egret. Thanks for sharing, wonderful job.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH