Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elliemae33

new here

elliemae33
14 years ago

Hi all! I have been lurking for a few weeks and I must say you are all sooooo very talented! I can't take credit for the pic i'm about to post. My friend painted it and i wanted to post it because I think she did an awesome job! ~Ellie~

Comments (12)

• luthien
    14 years ago

hello elliemae :)
    welcome to this forum where you'll find the friendliest and most creative and supportive people !! so many treasures to be found here :)))

the huskie your friend painted is indeed very lifelike and beautiful! :)) i esp love it's expressive eyes!

enjoy yourself here :))
    hugs! luthien

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Elliemae, I'm so glad you are enjoying this forum. We love to have new posters, so please make yourself right at home and join in on commenting on any or our posts and in sharing painting projects with us. We love pictures, and have more in our gallery section. We also love to chat about non painting things too, so we have a conversations side where we keep up to date on what's happening in our lives.

Your friend did a beautiful job, it's so perfect it almost looks like a picture. Please encourage her to keep painting and to come join in here too.

Luvs

• elliemae33
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for welcoming me! I found this site last week and between the full time and the part time job have been lurking and enjoying every minute of it! There is so much talent here and everyone is so friendly! I'm glad you all liked the painting! I will be sure to show her the responses. She thinks she can't paint, so with her permission I posted her painting here. Her husband and I encourage her all the time but she doesn't seem to believe us. I guess we really are our own worst critiques. Thanks again and you all have a great day! ~Ellie~

• luthien
    14 years ago

lol!! you are right ... most artist/crafter i know (including myself) never really think we're good. my husband once told me when i showed him a flaw in one of my crafts ... he said ... you know only the person who made this will notice it, cos you know you made a mistake right there. but no one else will notice!

what about you? do you paint or craft?
    great to have you here though ... hope to hear from you again :))
    hugs,
    luthien

• elliemae33
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Luthien,

I do paint a little bit but mostly snowmen. I loooovvveeee snowmen. Haven't ventured into anything else really. I like americana and primitive but haven't attempted to paint anything really. I have ordered some books from amazon for flowers. We will see if i attempt them or not. The hardest part for me is finding the time. I work a full time and a part time job and have tons of ideas but never seem to find the time to do them. And now as I have found this forum have tons more ideas! Never enough hours in a day or even a week in my case. Thanks ~Ellie~

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hi elliemae...sorry, I haven't been here so I'm late getting to welcome you. I hope you'll feel comfortable enough to share some of your snowmen with us and of course invite your friend to come join us too. It's a fun group we have here...and nothing but encouragement from everyone. Glad you are here and come as often as you can. It's a little slow here since summer started, but I'm going to make an effort to get more projects posted this week. =) ~Anj

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

Welcome Ellie!

"have tons of ideas but never seem to find the time to do them"

I can sure relate to that! And now that I'm trying to sell on line it seems I have even LESS time if that's possible. lol

Love the painting your friend did, she did a wondeful job especially on the eyes, eyes can be hard.

Please share some of your snowmen with us and visit us often.

• elliemae33
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Anjabee and Kraftymom,
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I am hoping to get a few pics of some of my snowmen, don't have many as most of them were given away as gifts. Kept a few (very few) for myself so hopefully can get them posted soon. Need to learn how to post smaller pics that you can click on to enlarge. I'm sure I will figure it out and if not I know I can ask here and someone will help. You are all so nice.
    As for my friends painting, I think she does an awesome job and am still trying to convince her of that. I have to get her on here so when she gets back from vacation I am going to set her down and get her on here so she can see. Well am off to work for the nite. You all take care and thank you all again for the warm welcome. ~Ellie~

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hi elliemae....I bumped up the picture posting tutorial. It should be right under this message. You just choose thumbnail for the small pic to enlarge. If you need help holla. =) ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Ellie,
    Hi, so nice to have you here posting with us. Tell your friend she does have talent from me also. It will be wonderful to see your snowmen you've painted. I love to jump on here and see everyones projects.

Punk

• elliemae33
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi ajabee and phonegirl,
    Thank for the info Anjabee, I appreciate it.

Phonegirl, I'm not any where near as talented as you all are but i sure do enjoy painting. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy this forum and also the garden junk forum. You all are so friendly. I get on here and before I know it I've spent hours just looking at all your wonderful projects. Have a great night. ~Ellie~

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Ooops, I didn't introduce my self. Welcome to the forum, Elliemae (love the name). I am Bebe or Pf, or Painting Fool - whatever you would like to call me. I usually post pretty regularly but have had a lot of company, babysitting, etc., so I haven't had the time to sit down and check everything out. You are gonna love this forum, the girls are so nice and talented.
    B