Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Blackberries on a clock

paintingfool
13 years ago

I don't remember if I ever showed this clock to you but these are blackberries which we have an abundance growing around here.

Comments (4)

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Those look good enough to eat! Did you use the berry making tool or the old standby, a brush? Either way the clock is in with the times!HEHEHE I also like the white around your flowers, did you line them or just leave the white showing while doing your shading?

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You sure paint things so realistic--those look yummy enough to eat! I really like your squiggly vines on this piece too. Great job!

Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A berry making tool?? I didn't know there was one. I have used q-tips for larger berries but for these I used my little brush - and now that I look at them, those berries do look good. I did outline around the little white flowers and shaded around the stamen with a float of blue. And I have little lines coming out from the stamen also. I found that if you use the basecoat color of the berries and float along one side after you have finished painting them, it gives them a shaded look.

What is really pretty about this piece is the background, it has a little bit of pink in it along with some blue.
    Thanks yall.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Love this clock. Those blackberries look good enough to eat alright. So glad you posted this for us. Your background really looks good with the blue and pink.

Punk

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone