Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found Painting books on sale

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 9, 09 at 8:49

Hey, guess what? I went by Hobby Lobby again yesterday hoping to find a little gift item for my SIL and I ended up buying three painting books that had been reduced to clearance prices!

Most of the books now are $11.95 and up! I got Sandra Malone's Summer Splash for $3.01, Assort. Artists Paint for the holidays for $2.58, and Gail Eads At Nature's Best for $5.02. I was so excited! I really wanted another one of Sandra Malone's books but not at $12.95. I know, I know, you want a picture. I'll be sure to do that when I get back home. (Oh, I did find a gift for SIL too, a darling little plate with a verse for her new black/white bedroom.) ;o)

Anyone else been finding any new books at bargain prices?

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found Painting books on sale

I haven't, but I'm going by the TS today!! I may have to make a run over to our Hobby Lobby. Wonder if they have their books on sale here??? ha Sounds like you got some good ones for great prices. I love Gail Eads. She does a lot of primitives that I like. Enjoy! There is nothing like getting new books to get the ideas flowing! =) ~Anj

o

Way to go! I wish we had Hobby Lobby here in the NW.

I am a self-proclaimed painting book junkie and can never have enough. I ordered several books on clearance or sale over the last 2 weeks. Be sure to check these places on-line each month for great sale prices on different books....
http://store.viking-publications.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=VFAP&Category_Code=Sale

http://www.decorativepaintingstore.com/store_tole_decorative_painting/index.php?cPath=1

o

Here's another site that always has some great bargins on books:
http://mybargaintown.stores.yahoo.net/byauthor1.html

o

I'm not big on ordering online only because they don't seem like such a bargain by the time I pay the shipping charges! However, with new painting books selling for $12.95, it just might be worth paying the charges to get them cheaper. Thanks for the links, I'll take a look.

Retiree43, I still need you to email me your address so I can mail the book you wanted from the ones I listed on the exchange side here.

Luvs

o

Oops!! My error !! Just sent you the information.

o

ooo luvs... that's so cool!!! we dun get much sale on art books here ... cos most of them are imported and therefore even more expensive becos of the duties! you must be having a blast!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here