neat video on painting roses

mojojojogrlnj
16 years ago

short and sweet the way I love it lol

Here is a link that might be useful: how to paint roses

Comments (6)

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

I love her paintings. May have to take a class with her next year. She will be teaching near Tallahassee next winter and from what I have heard, she is a really nice teacher. I hope Luvs and Anj watch this because they love to paint roses.

• anjabee
    16 years ago

I just don't understand how some people can just slap paint on there and it turns into something beautiful. ha I need to get back to my one-stroke practice. Got a pot that I was going to paint, but got side-tracked as usual. This looks like something I will try too. Never hurts to learn more than one way. Just wish I had more time!! Thanks mojo!
    PF~ been painting anything lately? Whatcha been up to?
    ~Anj

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, no I have not been painting but I need to get started because we have a Christmas in July ornament seminar coming up on 7 July and I promised to teach a class. I have been busy "fixing" up the house. Am having new tile put in the kitchen - beautiful travertine - and it is taking a long time to finish. I have to sew my new drapes for the Florida room, and need to do something with the windows in my bedroom. I love decorating my home and try to do most of it myself, it's like painting - if I can see it I can sew it - or make it. Anyway, I thought you would like the video of Marjorie Clark. Her roses are very loose and not quite as ruffly as Donna's so they seem pretty simple to do. And it is true, it never hurts to learn more than one way. I think that is how you develope your own style.

Wonder if Luvs is painting?

• anjabee
    16 years ago

PF~ so glad you are still checking in with us if it is just to chat. Hope you'll share your Christmas in July stuff with us.

I love decorating my house too, but I joke and say mine is in early American junk. ha I'm a TS junkie. I get good compliments on it anyway, but it's always a work in progress. I've picked out tile for my kitchen and still trying to talk DH into the one I picked out for the bath. Next projects after our fence goes in.

If you are half as talented with the sewing machine as you are with the brush, I bet you have some good looking sewing projects.

I will definitely be trying these roses. Beginning to think I'm unteachable with Donna. ha I know I just need to apply myself to more practice.

I haven't heard if luvs has a new project going. I think she's trying to get ready for vacation. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Mojo, I enjoyed the video. I'm with Anj, amazes me when they can do it so quickly and know exactly where to put the leaf or next flower. That was fun to watch and of course I had to watch some of the others too. Lots of talented painters in the world. Thanks for sharing.

Hi PF and Anj, I have been painting. Trying to do a few things to take to the relatives when we go back on vacation. If you check out the gallery later, I am posting pics today.

PF, I agree with Anj, I am sure your decorating projects turn out really nice. You have such an eye for color combinations and such good taste. I love it that you are creative enough to want to make things for your home. I think it makes it so much more homey and comfortable that way.

I love to find things at TS or YS that I can clean up, repaint, or repurpose--just means more than buying them off a showroom floor. Of course, for our early years, that was the only way I could afford to fix up the house. In fact, my first housefull of furniture came from an Auction house. LOL

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Bumping up for Dreamgoddess to see.