Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help painting a floor?

Posted by Mary_Ann_MD (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 03 at 6:54

This is the best site to get help from all you crafty people. We had a large addittion put on. We were planning to put in wall to wall carpet and also a large deck off the room. Well due to circumstances beyond our control I now have to make a choice. The addittion is our bedroom it went from 14 x 14 feet to 14 by 42 feet. I can either get a large deck or carpet now. And wait for the other for a year or two. I want the deck. The floor has pylwood down and I thought I could get creative and paint the floor then stencil a design on it, or if you have any other ideas for the floor covering please help me. But I don't know what to do with the screw heads. Is there a filler that would stay in the top of the screws? If you have any other ideas PLEASE help me out. TIA
Mary Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help painting a floor?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll have to think on that one. If you are artistic at all, my first thought is to paint the plywood to make it look like bricks or stone with shadows etc. Then, put a thick coat of polyurethane on top of that.You could put dark speckles in it before the polyurethane and conceal the screw holes. That would be awesome.
I'll ask DH about the filler.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here