Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Calling to me!

luvstocraft
12 years ago

Renee Mullins and Sandra Malone both have new books out that are calling to me. I've seen them on Artist's Club, is there anywhere else I could check for a better price?

Luvs

Comments (6)

• anjabee
    12 years ago

Have you tried Renee's site to see if it's a better price ordering straight from her. On her blog she was giving away a free pattern with book order I think. Here is the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Renee Mullins blog

• pezabelle
    12 years ago

If you haven't given in to your urges, you might google the titles of the books and see what comes up.

I quite often do this to find the best price, but look out for S & H....it can cost you more in the long run.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I haven't given in to the "urge" yet and haven't found them anywhere cheaper yet either. I don't "NEED" them, but that doesn't keep me from wanting them! LOL

I went to a craft show this week, and one booth had a bunch of old painting books and pattern packets. The pattern packets were priced pretty cheaply but they had $10 and $20 tags on the books! I laughed outloud at that because I had most of the books and they didn't cost more than $9.95 originally and they are only from the 80's and 90's, not like they are vintage of anything. They weren't manned booths or I would have had to ask how they came up with the pricing for sure. LOL

I ended up buying a really cute Uncle Sam stake--yes, I could make something similar, but I really liked this one and I've not been very productive lately. (I know you all will agree with that statement!) LOL

• oceanna
    12 years ago

It won't work with new books, but with used books, go to amazon or half.com and buy them for a very good price.

• pezabelle
    12 years ago

Luvs.....Craft shows are always fun and especially when things like high priced used books happen, BUT!!!!! Thank You for giving me an ideal!!!! I will take my "I won't use these" book along and see if I can sell then for a really big .50 cents. As we would say back in the day..."cool"

And, show us your Uncle Sam, just cause you didn't paint him doesn't make him uninteresting.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Belle, I'll be pulling out all my patriotic stuff this week, so I'll be sure to snap a pic of him to show you.

You could probably get a couple dollars for your used books at a craft show--but $20 maybe not! LOL

Luvs