Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling to me!

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 0:24

Renee Mullins and Sandra Malone both have new books out that are calling to me. I've seen them on Artist's Club, is there anywhere else I could check for a better price?

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling to me!

Have you tried Renee's site to see if it's a better price ordering straight from her. On her blog she was giving away a free pattern with book order I think. Here is the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Renee Mullins blog

o

If you haven't given in to your urges, you might google the titles of the books and see what comes up.

I quite often do this to find the best price, but look out for S & H....it can cost you more in the long run.

Belle

o

I haven't given in to the "urge" yet and haven't found them anywhere cheaper yet either. I don't "NEED" them, but that doesn't keep me from wanting them! LOL

I went to a craft show this week, and one booth had a bunch of old painting books and pattern packets. The pattern packets were priced pretty cheaply but they had $10 and $20 tags on the books! I laughed outloud at that because I had most of the books and they didn't cost more than $9.95 originally and they are only from the 80's and 90's, not like they are vintage of anything. They weren't manned booths or I would have had to ask how they came up with the pricing for sure. LOL

I ended up buying a really cute Uncle Sam stake--yes, I could make something similar, but I really liked this one and I've not been very productive lately. (I know you all will agree with that statement!) LOL

o

It won't work with new books, but with used books, go to amazon or half.com and buy them for a very good price.

o

Luvs.....Craft shows are always fun and especially when things like high priced used books happen, BUT!!!!! Thank You for giving me an ideal!!!! I will take my "I won't use these" book along and see if I can sell then for a really big .50 cents. As we would say back in the day..."cool"

And, show us your Uncle Sam, just cause you didn't paint him doesn't make him uninteresting.

Belle

o

Belle, I'll be pulling out all my patriotic stuff this week, so I'll be sure to snap a pic of him to show you.

You could probably get a couple dollars for your used books at a craft show--but $20 maybe not! LOL

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here