Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Interesting painting website

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Wow! If you check the gallery here, there are some really beautiful painted items. There are even roses like the ones Paintingfool paints that I think are so gorgeous. (I've been practicing with her worksheet and just can't do them so they turn out like her's not matter how hard I try or how much I want to!)

Pluse I think it will be an interesting site to browse, I've only looked at a couple pages so far.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting website

Comments (5)

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

She is a wonderful painter!! Isn't it nice to see decorative painting in places as far away as Malaysia? I remember Peggy Harris telling us she taught there and how much she enjoyed it.

Luvs, your roses are beautiful already so I doubt you need much to work on. I can't paint roses like Ros Singleton or Ginger Edwards, so I just have to do what comes easy for me - and it's ok because they are my look.

I wish I could comment on all the posts here but lately my hubby has taken up a lot of my time. We sure have a lot of great painters on this site.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day.
    Bebe

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Bebe, Nice to hear from you. How is your hubby doing? Starting to feel lots better, I hope.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement, but I would love to be able to do a more soft, fluffy, airy rose. I admire the beautiful big ones the painters you listed do, but know those are too complicated for my skills. (Amazes me how they make them look like layers and layers and all "rounded" at the bottom.) Sometimes I see painted items with roses on them and nearly "drool". LOL

Wish I would have taken lots more classes, I really learn best by having someone show me. I've never learned to do "realistic" painting, but I certainly admire the work of those who do it. However, I am very very thankful that I am able to do the "craft" type painting that I can do. ;o) It's given me hours of enjoyment, and supplied me with lots of gift items for friends and co-workers over the years.

Luvs

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Hi Luvs, my hubby is doing great. He had his 6 week check up today and he can drive again. So, I am off to Destin, Florida tomorrow with a couple of friends. There is a lady there that teaches a different technique of watercolor. I am always eager to paint so I am going to go over for a few hours tomorrow morning. I am not a big fan of watercolor but it is probably because I don't do it often enough. Anyway, it will be fun.

Did you ever check out the lady on You Tube - Cindi Knighton painting Cottage Roses? She doesn't talk on the video and the scratching on the plate from the brush is irritating but she paints a pretty rose. I always find it a good idea to check out other painters style, sometimes you can pick up something that will help you with yours.

I wish I had a friend who lived nearby that I could spend time with painting. My painting friends live about an hour away and with gas prices the way they are ($3.75 today) we don't get to see each other but once a month at our meetings. I really don't mind, being the loner that I am, I like painting by myself.

Will let you know what I paint tomorrow.
    B

• oceanna
    15 years ago

I'd love to paint roses like these. This woman is amazingly talented. Thanks for the URL... I spent quite a lot of time there snooping, delighted.

• oceanna
    15 years ago

This gal has just put out a book, if anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Book