Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

my cottage vignette

paintingfool
14 years ago

Luvs and PG, I tried to write Home Sweet Home and some of the other sayings but there wasn't enough room. So I kept it simple and wrote Welcome. It looks a bit crooked because of the way it is sitting in the chair but when it is hung it looks straight.

I have a shop in town that I will be (hopefully) selling these in and I was really getting tired of working on it. It is hard for me to stop piddling with a painting, I am such a tight painter and I want it to be perfect so I could spend hours on this when it should only take 4 at the most.

Thanks for the nice comments, I like vignettes also.

B
{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

I think the simple wording is perfect and the flower added to the top was just the right finishing touch.

• sunnysam020
    14 years ago

Beautiful job! The coloring and detail are exquisite. I am new to this forum but am enjoying it already. I can see that you put tremendous talent in this beautiful piece. I am SURE you will sell it! I do the "One Stroke" Donna Dewberry painting and teach the basics. It's fun, but I wish I had your talent for detail.
    Keep showing us your pieces. They are inspirational.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Bebe,

It turned out beautiful the way you finished it. You do such wonderful paintings that I knew it would come to you what you needed to add. I'll bet the shop is tickled to have you painting for them and will sell lots for you.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

That was the perfect thing to add, it turned out great. The extra flower at the top was the perfect touch to pull it all together. ;o) Lovely as usual. Luvs

• Deb_from_Pa
    14 years ago

BEAUTIFUL! LOVE IT!

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks yall. Now I am off to clean up that paint room. I have a bad habit of pulling out paint or books and not putting them back. Gotta work on that for sure today!!
    B

• sherwoodva
    14 years ago

Bebe, you have a great eye for design. I love this; it's so pretty and yet not a specific category. It would fit in traditional decor or country. You should sell a lot of these. Of course, I'm partial to pink flowers, so I would be first in line to buy it!

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Bebe...........Awesome! Just plain awesome! There are so many elements in this piece and they are all so very well done.

You take my breath away girl!

Belle

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz