Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Here...

Posted by leveta (My Page) on
Sat, May 2, 09 at 21:05

Hi, this is myh first time here. Can anyone tell me the best way to paint a checkerboard pattern on a stool seat. Thank you...Oh, I'm not a painter...lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Here...

Welcome Leveta,

I've done this different ways. Paint the seat one solid color and then use a square sponge dipped in the second color and go across and down the same width of your sponge. You can use masking tape to hep make squares or after you've painted one color go back and use a ruler or something the size you want and make your squares to paint.

Hope this helps and you will continue to come here and post with all of us. There is such nice people here and everyone is always willing to help others. Please come back and show us a picture of your finished stool. Punk

o
RE: New Here...

Thank You Punk. That is a pretty simple way...I like that...Again Thanks...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here