Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have finished painting my yard sale treasures

Posted by textilejo (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 08 at 19:14

Here are the goodies I got at a yard sale with their new looks. I like them so much better with a coat of paint.

Before and after pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have finished painting my yard sale treasures

beautiful! Did you use regular acrylic paint, and do you have to prime them before painting? I tried painting something similar to that one time and never did get it to look very good. Those are nice!

o

Those are great! What do you use (if anything) to protect your paint outdoors?

o

You did a wonderful job on all of them!

o

BTW, your face you painted came out great!

o

Wow, that didn't take you long. Now you can place them where you want them and just enjoy. Be sure to do two or three coats of an indoor/outdoor clear sealer so all your painting won't wash away. I try to re spray my outdoor things at least once a year. Luvs

o

I'm so happy they turned out the way I wanted. I took a few days off work to keep my little granddaughter who was sick so between her naps I got a lot of painting done:-)

I didn't prime them, I have painted other outdoor things without priming them first and they have not peeled yet. I used regular tole paint and did 2 coats of acrylic sealer on them.

Now I have to get to work on the fairy houses and the metal garden man:-)

o

It's almost like they are coming to life when you look at the before and afters. You did a great job! ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here