Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another painting completed.....

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Sat, May 29, 10 at 17:08

I have had this little swan/duck/goose - since 1986. I had painted Priscilla Hauser roses on it but never finished. And the roses were really dark - so I lightened it up and used a wash of ice blue on the ribbon and around the edges. Now it is really cute - oops, I just realized I forgot to put the pegs back in. I was trying to get a pic before I varnished.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another painting completed.....

Nice that you could get this finished. The roses and ribbon look great on it as always. Do you plan on keeping this or will you sell it?

Punk

o

Punk, I hope to sell it but if it was left up to the hubby, I would be keeping it all. He likes everything it seems. He is so sweet. Thanks for the nice comments. I thought about painting sunflowers but I have a hard time with certain colors, or I should say I don't have a lot of interest in other colors. The shop owner where I sell my things set up a display the other day with a lot of pink, ivory and blues. All pastel colors, she is asking for more so I guess this will be going down to the shop for now.
B

o

Isn't it wonderful how pretty pink roses can dress up just about anything? I always love your roses, so soft and pretty.

Another thing I've seen lately that people are doing with some of the older wood cutouts is to just paint them with the black chalkboard paint--gives them a whole new look.

I see you are still working at getting some of your long time stash painted up. You're doing great, keep up the good work. ;o)

Luvs

o

I'm glad I'm not the only one with stash more than 20 years old. lol
I love the soft colors you used and your roses are wonderful! You shouldn't have any problem selling that piece.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here