Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladygabe

Painting patio pavers

ladygabe
13 years ago

Hello. I'm looking for some advice. We have an old pool house we're trying to resurrect. The pool house floor and outside perimeter are old yellowish brick patio pavers. Im painting the outside of the pool house more on the sophisticated side. Thinking Maybe conservative olive green (to blend with the wooded area behind) with a sandy tan color on the block foundation. Or perhaps a charcoal foundation and nice crisp clean (but boring) white. The inside Im going crazy with your typical tropical theme. Im going to mural hibiscus, some palm, maybe even some flip flops/surf boards etc.

So what I need is advice on is how to paint those ugly old pavers? Do I use garage floor paint? I was thinking after its painted I would let my kids dip their feet in paint and walk footprints in different colors over the painted pavers (maybe leading away from some painted flip flops). The area is covered and will be screened in. So it does not need weather protection as much as foot traffic protection.

I read through some of the threads today and you are a very talented bunch. So Im hoping for some great ideas! Right now the whole area is a Holy Mess! But the goal is to have a tropical paradise by July.

Thanks!!!

~M

Comments (7)