Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Updated Posting Pics for Newbies

anjabee
15 years ago

In order to save time and effort we've decided to combine all the picture posting info into this one post. We hope this will help you post your pictures for all of us to enjoy. And if you need help, don't hesitate to ask!

In order to get started you must put your pictures into a photo uploading site. Most people on these forums use www.photobucket.com and it's really easy to use and it's free. So get on over there right now and get signed up!! You just have to have a user name and password.

After you get signed up there will be a place there that says UPLOAD IMAGES AND VIDEOS. Hit the CHOOSE FILES button and it will open up the files from your computer. If you know which file you keep your pictures in, go to it. If you don't then get up and go ask someone!! :)

Double click on the picture you want to upload and it should show up in your box on photobucket(PB). You can add more than one photo at a time if while in your picture file you hit the CTRL button while you are choosing your pictures.

Now that your pictures are uploaded to PB here is how you get them into your posts. I like to have 2 windows open while I'm doing the pictures....one window to my gardenweb site and one window open to my Photobucket site.

So when you are at your Gardenweb site...go up to your toolbar at the top of your computer screen and hit FILE then NEW WINDOW. Click on the tab for your new window down at the bottom of your screen to go to your picture uploading site. (ex:www.photobucket.com)

On the Gardenweb site page: You go down and write in your message to post like you want it. To insert a picture into your post: You need to swap over to your PB site window.

Underneath each picture you will see a small box. Click on the box of the photo that you want to add to your post. Go down to the bottom of the page and you will see a button that says GENERATE HTML AND IMG CODE. Click this to open a new window giving you a few options. You will want to highlight either of the first 2 options (HTML). The first one is for thumbnails that will make your picture small in the post and allow people to click on it to make it larger....the second will make your picture it's regular size in the post. So decide which you want to do, highlight the code, right click to COPY the code, then switch over to where you've written your post and right click where you want to add the pic and PASTE to add it. It will show up as code until you hit PREVIEW MESSAGE, then your picture should be in there with your message!

You can post more than one pic in your message by clicking on more than one picture box before hitting the GENERATE HTML & IMG CODE button.

Ok....after you get the code to your post, if you don't want your pictures centered, just delete the word center from the code.

To put multiple pictures next to each other:

Click at the end of every line in the code that ends with blank"> then hit the delete key.

Click at the end of every line in the code that ends with then hit the delete key

If you see any of these delete them.

If you don't want the pictures smooshed up against each other, you can hit the space bar once before you hit the Delete key, and it will leave a space between the pictures.

I think this covers all of your picture posting questions, but if you are having problems and need more help. Just ask! We want you to succeed!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company