Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Santa and Snow in May

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sun, May 2, 10 at 13:02

Since it wants to keep snowing here and look like Christmas, I painted a santa last night.LOL Not sure what I want to paint on the top. Maybe some saying? Any ideas?

Punk

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Santa and Snow in May

I really like your santa! What about painting some snowflakes around it?

o

Annie, that's a great idea and I'll do that. So fun to have you joining us here on the painting forum.

Punk

o

Punk...I like your Santa in May! Roses and a blue hat, how origional and even if he is suposed to be only seen in December he looks really good in May!

Thanks for sharing!

o

Your Santa has beautiful eyes and is so unique with his roses instead of fur and the tassel instead of the usual ball of fur. That's quite a colorful hat too! Bet you had fun painting him. Luvs

o

He's cool Punk! Love the tassel on his hat! I like the idea of adding snowflakes! The shape of the wood is great too!

o

Punk, this is a great shape for wood. Your hat color (is it Bahama Blue?) is very pretty. I wouldn't add any wording because there really isn't enough space but the snowflakes sounds really nice. And you know how crazy I am about that Krylon gold leaf pen - it would make a nice border around the routed edge.

o

Thanks everyone for all your comments. I did paint some snowflakes around it. Hat color is turquoise. Will post another picture when I find time.

Punk

o

Here's santa with snowflakes. May have painted to many. What do you think? I don't have a gold leaf pen but need to remember to buy one so I can do the edges.

Photobucket

o

Punk...I like it both ways. You snowflakes are fantastic! So dementional, you can do all of mine from now on! hehehe

Belle

o

I agree with Belle, your snowflakes look great. I like the one's that look like they are "blinking" too. Luvs

o

Ooooh! I like it with the snowflakes!! I need to learn how to do those like that with the glow. Awesome!

o

Oh punk your santa is GREAT! I love the snowflakes I dont think it's to many at all.
Ann

o

What a great project! The snowflakes is just what it needed to make it 'pop'.

o

Belle, right on. I'll have to paint fancier ones if I paint for you.LOL

Luvs and Anj, thanks and glad you like the SF that glow.

Ann, thanks for your comment and suggesting painting SF. Also appreciate you letting me know I didn't over due on the SF.

KM, thanks and I'm glad you like how the project was finished.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here