Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Santa and Snow in May

phonegirl
13 years ago

Since it wants to keep snowing here and look like Christmas, I painted a santa last night.LOL Not sure what I want to paint on the top. Maybe some saying? Any ideas?

Punk

Comments (14)

• annieapple
    13 years ago

I really like your santa! What about painting some snowflakes around it?

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Annie, that's a great idea and I'll do that. So fun to have you joining us here on the painting forum.

Punk

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Punk...I like your Santa in May! Roses and a blue hat, how origional and even if he is suposed to be only seen in December he looks really good in May!

Thanks for sharing!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your Santa has beautiful eyes and is so unique with his roses instead of fur and the tassel instead of the usual ball of fur. That's quite a colorful hat too! Bet you had fun painting him. Luvs

• anjabee
    13 years ago

He's cool Punk! Love the tassel on his hat! I like the idea of adding snowflakes! The shape of the wood is great too!

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

Punk, this is a great shape for wood. Your hat color (is it Bahama Blue?) is very pretty. I wouldn't add any wording because there really isn't enough space but the snowflakes sounds really nice. And you know how crazy I am about that Krylon gold leaf pen - it would make a nice border around the routed edge.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your comments. I did paint some snowflakes around it. Hat color is turquoise. Will post another picture when I find time.

Punk

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's santa with snowflakes. May have painted to many. What do you think? I don't have a gold leaf pen but need to remember to buy one so I can do the edges.

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Punk...I like it both ways. You snowflakes are fantastic! So dementional, you can do all of mine from now on! hehehe

Belle

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I agree with Belle, your snowflakes look great. I like the one's that look like they are "blinking" too. Luvs

• anjabee
    13 years ago

Ooooh! I like it with the snowflakes!! I need to learn how to do those like that with the glow. Awesome!

• annieapple
    13 years ago

Oh punk your santa is GREAT! I love the snowflakes I dont think it's to many at all.
    Ann

• kraftymom
    13 years ago

What a great project! The snowflakes is just what it needed to make it 'pop'.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Belle, right on. I'll have to paint fancier ones if I paint for you.LOL

Luvs and Anj, thanks and glad you like the SF that glow.

Ann, thanks for your comment and suggesting painting SF. Also appreciate you letting me know I didn't over due on the SF.

KM, thanks and I'm glad you like how the project was finished.

Punk

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner