Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

My First Pansy's

pezabelle
13 years ago

Well....it's finally done or almost. Sorry that picture doesn't show the colors correctly.

For the placement of the pansy's I loosely followed a pattern by Marlene Stevens and added the Gold stroke work by Joyce Morrison. I added and removed bits and pieces until I hope it is balanced. I am going to go back and change the lines work on the top to match the bottom-don't like the reverse angle. It is painted on Roc Lon.

Pansy's....I learned a lot about Pansy's!!!! I tried for lighter colors and they just walked off the banner. I just have to learn how to do it better.

DH want to hang it in the house instead of outside in his Pansy Garden.

Belle

Comments (10)

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

Belle, I couldn't get it to enlarge but from what I can see they look pretty darn good. I love the cut out Roc Lon. I haven't tried painting on that yet but maybe later in the year. Great job.

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gosh! When I proofed the post it enlarged, but not now!

Here it is larger. I have also removed the lines in the top part, I tried them going the same direction as the bottom area but didn't like that either.....like the open space better. I also lightened the brown on the right side, much softer now. DH just keep saying, "Leave It Alone!"

Taking pictures really help see things differently.

Belle
    {{!gwi}}

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

My goodness, Belle, that is lovely. Very regal looking with all the gold. I think you did wonderful on your pansies. Sure would be a pretty design for a dresser scarf or table runner too. You did good, gal. ;o)

Luvs

• anjabee
    13 years ago

Wow~ You did a beautiful job on your pansies!! So realistic! And the gold work just makes it look very dressy and upscale! It will be beautiful anywhere you put it!!
    Oh...and....Leave it Alone!!! lol
    ~Anj =)

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Holy Cow! Those are gorgeous - GREAT JOB!!!

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank You all for your kind words! I have sealed it so I can't mess with it anymore....well?????????

Sitting back looking at "it" I can see all kinds of things I need to change or do better next time, did I say next time?

Kay....nice to have you with us, do come back often!

Belle

• Vique_Pa
    13 years ago

You did a great job on that! Don't touch it again unless it is to hang it. You know, we are usually our own worst critic. Vique.

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Vique...it is on the wall. I will be doing more and hopefully it will become better and easier!

Glad to see you back again, why not join us on the conversation side?

Belle

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Belle, such a wonderful painting you did with your pansies. So happy you painted these. Will be waiting for more beautiful flowers by you.

Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk....thanks! Nice to see you back!

Belle

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?